PDA

View Full Version : AD looked awesome versus the Chiefs

85Sooner
9/24/2007, 10:00 AM
This is an AWESOME thread

jccouger
9/24/2007, 10:17 AM
Reminded me of his days at OU.

A bunch of runs for 1 or 2 yards and then a couple runs where he busted one for a long gain.

He was a awesome athlete and one the best running backs at OU ever. But he killed most of our drives because he was too inconsistent. And our coaches would keep running him hoping he would bust one, and although he did a lot it also lead to a lot of 3rd and long situations.

kevpks
9/24/2007, 10:27 AM
Reminded me of his days at OU.

A bunch of runs for 1 or 2 yards and then a couple runs where he busted one for a long gain.

He was a awesome athlete and one the best running backs at OU ever. But he killed most of our drives because he was too inconsistent. And our coaches would keep running him hoping he would bust one, and although he did a lot it also lead to a lot of 3rd and long situations.

OU's backs this year are great but AD would be lighting it up too this season, like he did when he was a freshman, if he were still at OU. It is all about the O-line. This line was good last year but with the addition of Loadholt they have become arguably the best line in the nation. The receivers and also one year better and we have upgraded at quarterback. I just don't buy the "we're better without Peterson" argument. But that's just me.

r5TPsooner
9/24/2007, 10:42 AM
If the Vikings don't get him some offensive help, the defenses in the NFL are gonna kill him. The Vikes should have drafted a QB or at least traded for a good receiver.

AD is the Vikes offense right now.

Blitzkrieg
9/24/2007, 10:43 AM
Don't know where my post went, but I was saying that the Chiefs haven't allwoed a 100 yard rusher in over 3 seasons, and that's facing Denver and also LT every year there.

In a post game presser, Coach Edwards was talking about his defense when he stopped mid sentence, unprompted, and said something like "wow, that Adrian Petersen is really good."

His 18 yard TD run would have been 80 yards, if the goal line wouldn't have stopped him. He left Ty Law grabbing at a purple ghost and his speed is unreal when he bounces outside. That's easy to do in college, you don't see many guys outrunning NFL corners and turning up the field.

The wierd part was watching the Vikings try to score the last drive with AD on the bench. Their coaching is very weak, expect a that franchise to make a solid hire that will build off AD. He's the real deal in the NFL as well.

Texas Golfer
9/24/2007, 11:21 AM
With almost 20% of the season gone, AD is probably in the lead for Rookie of the Year honors.

SoonerAcesUp
9/24/2007, 11:35 AM
Don't know where my post went, but I was saying that the Chiefs haven't allwoed a 100 yard rusher in over 3 seasons, and that's facing Denver and also LT every year there.

The Chiefs allowed Cedric Benson 101 yds just last week. AD had a heck of a game and would've had even better if the Vikes could throw the ball. 48 yds receiving isn't too shabby either on three catches.

Blitzkrieg
9/24/2007, 11:39 AM
at arrowhead

The Maestro
9/24/2007, 12:00 PM
Players AD has more rushing yards than...

Maurice Jones-Drew, Stephen Jackson, LT, Lawrence Maroney, Clinton Portis, Thomas Jones, Cedric Benson, Rudi Johnson, Frank Gore, Fred Taylor, Larry Johnson, Tatum Bell...and a lot more. He is tied with Addai for 11th at 271 yards. Think AD might have more than Addai if Jake Sills were not the quarterback at Minnesota vs. Peyton Freaking Manning for Addai in Indy?

As far as receiving yards...AD has 160. Only Brian Westbrook and Ronnie Brown are running backs with more receiving yards. And repeating...AD has an invalid playing QB for his team.

So three games in and AD is averaging 90 yards rushing and 53 yards receiving...not bad for a rookie.

SteelClip49
9/24/2007, 01:00 PM
and the Vikings still lose; what else is new.

soonerhubs
9/24/2007, 01:34 PM
It was fun to see AD catching those screen passes. To call him special is the understatement of the millenium. So glad he played here!

soonersweetie
9/24/2007, 02:57 PM
I watched that game yesterday. Great seeing AD. My only thought was, guys you better start winning cause AD is not used to losing.

opksooner
9/24/2007, 03:36 PM
Several weeks ago, a friend offered me my choice of which Chiefs' home game to attend with him. Without hesitation I chose yesterday's home-opener against the Vikes. The Chiefs I can take or leave but the chance to see AD up close..............!

We sat at the 50, about 20 rows behind the Vikes bench and just a couple rows up from AD's father but I didn't have much opportunity to interact with him.

I was hoping for AD to have a 400 yard game with the Chiefs winning. He ended up with 102 yards rushing and another 48 receiving combined and the Chiefs held on for the win so it's all good. He carried the Vikes offense in the first half but the Chiefs wouldn't let him get loose after that, holding him to quite a few 2 yard losses and 2 or 3 yard gains. However, on one play in the second half he did get into the secondary and you could actually see his feet "shifting" into a higher gear, as if they were on a dérailleur, or so it seemed, as he broke for about 15 yards or so...a brief glimpse of his great acceleration.

The temp got up to 90 but with the humidity felt like much more. I was wrung out and can only imagine what the players felt like after the exertion of a knock-down-drag-out.

Blitzkrieg
9/24/2007, 05:18 PM
Derrick Johnson was on KC talk radio and said that AD was "top three" in the NFL, as far as running backs go.

The host of the show said that he felt that AD was the best RB prospect since Bo Jackson.

OklahomaRed
9/24/2007, 08:50 PM
I've started starting him every week on my fantasy team. He's been doing me proud!!! Still hard watching him run in that purple jersey. :D

bluedogok
9/24/2007, 09:56 PM
There are a few threads on a Vikings board bashing the coach for not having him in there on the last series.