PDA

View Full Version : Question about the TU game...

goingoneight
9/24/2007, 01:25 AM
... my DVR only recorded the second half because of some stupid recording error, and ESPN says right after kickoff... "we apologize for that word you heard while we were speaking with Coach Stoops earlier." They went onto say "that was definitely our mistake and we try to hold ourselves to a higher standard than that."

Now... I know in my experience, Stoops only utters "hell" and "damn it" when he's steaming mad or when he's quoting Steve Spurrier. He has never said any bad words in all the times I've met him or watched him on TV, so I assume someone said something on TV... but I don't know. Anyone know what happened?

Probably some idiot screaming "F*** [insert university name here]!"

Rhino
9/24/2007, 01:39 AM
Joe Schad's mic kept cutting out in every sideline report he did, including the pre-halftime interview with Bob.

Right after that interview ended, a producer was live on-air and asked Schad, "Ah, is there a mic issue there? ****, I apologize".

Nothing big. I hadn't even realized it until I heard it on the DVR recording.

OKC Sooner
9/24/2007, 01:39 AM
It wasn't Stoops, it was one of the media. Someone told the guy his mike was screwed up and he said something like "The mike's messed up? ****, I'm sorry!"
Didn't drop the F-bomb, he used The Other Word. :D

EDIT: Ok, I yield to Rhino and his DVR, I was going from memory and due to my misspent youth not to mention my misspent middle age... ummm... what was I saying?

goingoneight
9/24/2007, 01:43 AM
Really?!? HAHA!!! Something else they sucked at on that broadcast. Crappy "high definition" viewing, an hour and a half talking about Notre Dame :mad: and the most boring play-by-play I've EVER witnessed. Did I mention that if you have 6 networks, you can get rid of the "rock paper scissors National Championship" and the "World Series of Poker" to make time for Notre Dame? Yeah... I'm sure Tulsa was pretty ****ed off that none of their players, traditions, facilities or even their plays on the field were more important than Charlie Weiss's locker room speeches.

snp
9/24/2007, 01:54 AM
Speaking of messups, how bad was Ron Franklin when he brought up Britney Spears in jest during the Bama/Georgia
game?

Thankfully his whole crew called him on his awful joke.

soonergirlNeugene
9/24/2007, 02:27 AM
Speaking of messups, how bad was Ron Franklin when he brought up Britney Spears in jest during the Bama/Arkansas game?

Thankfully his whole crew called him on his awful joke.

That was a classic moment. Guy brings her up out of nowhere in overtime as Georgia is about to take the field and seal up the game and then he gets owned when asked "Who? Who cares?"

Btw, it was in the Bama/Georgia game. Here's a link (http://faniq.com/blog/Video-ESPNs-Mike-Patrick-Discusses-Britney-Spears-Before-Critical-Play-in-GeorgiaAlabama-Game-Blog-4302) for the morbidly curious.

humblesooner
9/24/2007, 08:55 AM
Joe Schad's mic kept cutting out in every sideline report he did, including the pre-halftime interview with Bob.

Right after that interview ended, a producer was live on-air and asked Schad, "Ah, is there a mic issue there? ****, I apologize".

Nothing big. I hadn't even realized it until I heard it on the DVR recording.

We went back after the game and had to listen to it 3-4 times to even realize what was being said. BTW, it was the sh** word.
No big deal in my opinion. The way it came over the air, I would gues that most everyone watching would never have even known that it was said without the apology.

Also agree about the boring PBP. Could (Can't remember his name right this minute) be more monotone?

But the worst was them inviting Bob "John Blake" Davies in to the booth and then proceed to give the worst team in D1A (ND) a 1.5 hour hummer.