PDA

View Full Version : Am I The Only One?

SoonerFah
9/23/2007, 11:50 PM
Am I the only one who blames Leach for losing to OSU? With 2 minutes to go, and 3 point lead, and the other team down to 1 timeout... Who throws the ball 3 straight times? Granted OSU threw a quick TD pass as soon as they got the ball back, but that is just horrible clock management? Did anyone else think this?

sanantoniosooner
9/23/2007, 11:51 PM
I blame Crabtree for dropping a TD that hit him in the hands.

mhackl
9/23/2007, 11:53 PM
Am I the only one who blames Leach for losing to OSU? With 2 minutes to go, and 3 point lead, and the other team down to 1 timeout... Who throws the ball 3 straight times? Granted OSU threw a quick TD pass as soon as they got the ball back, but that is just horrible clock management? Did anyone else think this?

I disappointed with that too.

Crucifax Autumn
9/24/2007, 12:15 AM
That was dumb but I think it was the passes they chose to throw that is the problem. Tech has plenty of plays that are basically a spread version of a run clock and "safe play"wise. Shovel passes, short little outs, etc.

But the idea of throwing low percentage passes is pretty dumb. Almost as dumb as the premise of tonight's "King of the Hill" in which Texas was playing Nebraska for the Big 12 title in the Championship game...I know it's a cartoon, but it's usually more realistic than that!

Ardmore_Sooner
9/24/2007, 12:41 AM
I still can't believe they went with a field goal on the two yard line... :confused:

Crucifax Autumn
9/24/2007, 01:17 AM
That was dumb too.

Octavian
9/24/2007, 01:30 AM
It looks like Leach isn't in your camp.

Texas Tech defensive coordinator Lyle Setencich stepped down from his position Sunday for personal reasons, the school announced.

Tech coach Mike Leach named Ruffin McNeill as the team's interim defensive coordinator. Setencich will be assigned other duties within the program.

"We appreciate Lyle and the work he did for our program," Leach said. "We wish him and his family the best."

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5158099.html

goingoneight
9/24/2007, 01:39 AM
:les: STOOPS WILL GO TO TEXAS TECH!!!

stoopified
9/24/2007, 08:52 AM
:les: STOOPS WILL GO TO TEXAS TECH!!!
Well....Mike WILL need a job.

The_Red_Patriot
9/24/2007, 08:57 AM
I don't think either team knows what a defense is

Suerreal
9/24/2007, 09:15 AM
Leach's biggest gaffe was not calling a timeout when TTU had 2 of them and losing all that time. It would have made going for a 1st down instead of a touchdown a good option. And the luxury of hearing from everyone what OSU might be overlooking might have allowed a better play call.

Using the timeouts to drag out the knee-taking was futile.

soonersam
9/24/2007, 10:25 AM
This happens every year with Tech. They always drop 2 or 3 to teams they could blow out.....