PDA

View Full Version : The Chris Brown Injury

tulsaoilerfan
9/23/2007, 08:39 PM
I was trying to look at the hit on Brown objectively, but wanted some other opinions; on the replay the TU player clearly led with his forearm and gave Brown a blow to the head with his forearm; i can forgive the player for the hit to the head because Brown was going down, but should that have been a penalty? What do you think?

Aries
9/23/2007, 08:53 PM
It most definitely should have been a personal foul, imo.

Grimey
9/23/2007, 09:00 PM
This may have already been discussed, but I think there were multiple times that we were heading to the endzone, and thought we were already there because their endzone is so dumb looking. It looks like you are in when you are really at the 5 yd line. I thought it looked like Chris thought he was already in, so he wanted to avoid the hit.

Dan Thompson
9/23/2007, 09:26 PM
Is he okay? Will he be able to practice?

Texas Golfer
9/23/2007, 09:32 PM
This may have already been discussed, but I think there were multiple times that we were heading to the endzone, and thought we were already there because their endzone is so dumb looking. It looks like you are in when you are really at the 5 yd line. I thought it looked like Chris thought he was already in, so he wanted to avoid the hit.

I agree. I thought he scored when he went down.

leematthews
9/23/2007, 10:00 PM
What's the status of his injury? Is it a concussion?

Grimey
9/23/2007, 10:05 PM
I thought they showed him barfing, so I assume concussion

Grimey
9/23/2007, 10:06 PM
I agree. I thought he scored when he went down.

On the first score, AP started high-stepping at the five yard line and darn near could have had the ball fly out or been stripped because he thought he was already in.

Crucifax Autumn
9/24/2007, 12:23 AM
Penalty or not, that field is to blame. What did they do, get an OSU graduate to design it?

Frozen Sooner
9/24/2007, 01:00 AM

A bunch of us at the game thought so as well.

setem
9/24/2007, 01:12 AM
I noticed that about the field set up! I thought CB was being kinda fruity trying to slide like that I gave hime a pretty hard to throught the TV screen. I forgot that the goalline was the gayest factor in the injury equation. That should be against the rules. What a bunch of queers!

Frozen Sooner
9/24/2007, 01:24 AM
I noticed that about the field set up! I thought CB was being kinda fruity trying to slide like that I gave hime a pretty hard to throught the TV screen. I forgot that the goalline was the gayest factor in the injury equation. That should be against the rules. What a bunch of queers!

Dude, you may want to get that obsession looked at.

soonersn2007
9/24/2007, 07:05 AM
Wow, I'm glad I am not the only irritated by the way of they marked the goal line. This shouldn't even be a discussion because you would think there would be standards for all NCAA teams to line the field.

In fact, I'm sending an email to Coach Graham to address this problem [email protected]

"Dear Coach, first let me congratulate you on a terrific offense and outstanding QB. I was very impressed with their effort against OU. One thing I would appreciate you to address is the way goal line is marked, in the injury sustained by Chris Brown, I believe the poor marking attributed to him stopping to avoid contact in which he thought he was in the endzone. Seeing how he was still in the field of play, it left him vulnerable to a hit which I think caused him a concussion. Besides that, I just dont think it's wise to have such a faded and undistinguishable line for the endzone."

Blues1
9/24/2007, 07:16 AM
Wasn't that goal line painted in some very Light Gold Color...?? - What the F*** is that - ?? - School Colors trying to be cute..?? - Definitely a trick to try to confuse opposing teams -- Give them 2 years probabation - OR Lets just sue their faded gold line butts..... :(

CincySooner
9/24/2007, 08:15 AM
From watching the replay... it looked like Brown slipped on the turf.

I don't think he was pulling up because he thought he was in. It looked like he was making a cut, slipped, and took a hit that was initially aimed at his body in the head instead.

TopDawg
9/24/2007, 08:28 AM
From watching the replay... it looked like Brown slipped on the turf.

I don't think he was pulling up because he thought he was in. It looked like he was making a cut, slipped, and took a hit that was initially aimed at his body in the head instead.

Yeah, that's what I thought too. If you look at the replay, it seems obvious that he's putting his foot down to make a cut and it slips right out from under him.

Animal Mother
9/24/2007, 08:51 AM
Their goal line should still be easy to see without the use of the Hubbel telescope,regardless of what happened to Chris Brown. It's a sure fire set up for a bad replay call a la TT in Lubbock circa 2005.