View Full Version : Cowboys and Bears

StormySooner-IN
9/23/2007, 07:24 PM
Anybody else watching SNF? :confused::)

Any Cowboy fans here?

Kicking off now..

StormySooner-IN
9/23/2007, 07:26 PM
Cowboys meant to kick it away from Hester...but ended up kicking it out of bounds. It may have been a good thing for them anyways.

guzziguy
9/23/2007, 07:26 PM
Just turned it on.

Sooner_Havok
9/23/2007, 07:27 PM
Listening to it on internet radio at work

StormySooner-IN
9/23/2007, 07:29 PM
Im not a Cowboy fan, I'm a Colts fan.

Don't hurt me :eek: ;)

I'm a TRRW fan, of course. I have nothing against the Cowboys in general.

Sooner_Havok
9/23/2007, 07:31 PM
I pull for the Bears because they are the Sooners north. I pull for the Cowboys because they got TRRW. I pull for a meteor to crash into the press box in the hopes that Jerry Jones is sitting there.

StormySooner-IN
9/23/2007, 07:39 PM
Heh :D

illinisooner
9/23/2007, 07:40 PM
Bears.

StoopTroup
9/23/2007, 07:42 PM
I can't lose this one...

Sooner_Havok
9/23/2007, 07:42 PM
Don't know many Cowboys' fans around these parts that like Jerry

Sooner_Havok
9/23/2007, 07:43 PM
I can't lose this one...
Kind of my feelings, just hoping for a good game(and some good fantasy stats:D ) I still call the Niners my pro team.

colinreturn
9/23/2007, 07:55 PM
"The University of Oklahoma

UberSooner
9/23/2007, 08:11 PM
Love the Cowboys and hated Jerry Jones. I was down at TM speedway a few years back and saw him in the pits. Ran straight up to him like an idiot screaming we love them cowboys (I'd had one or two) he grinned back and shook my hand said we love our fans. Then I got a pick of him and my wife huggin. (She was sober). Now I can't hate him. A cautionary tale of alcohol and sports celebrity gone terribly wrong.

tulsaoilerfan
9/23/2007, 08:30 PM
Love the Cowboys and hated Jerry Jones. I was down at TM speedway a few years back and saw him in the pits. Ran straight up to him like an idiot screaming we love them cowboys (I'd had one or two) he grinned back and shook my hand said we love our fans. Then I got a pick of him and my wife huggin. (She was sober). Now I can't hate him. A cautionary tale of alcohol and sports celebrity gone terribly wrong.
Did he hit on her? :D

kevpks
9/23/2007, 08:50 PM
How freakin stupid are those refs? Why do we even have instant replay? There were at least two seconds left when Grossman got sacked. Dallas should have had the ball back with a chance at a FG. What a crock!

yermom
9/23/2007, 08:52 PM
yeah, that's BS

Sooner Eclipse
9/23/2007, 09:19 PM
A note to TRRW

When tackling a TE ---- Wrap up!!!

Texas Golfer
9/23/2007, 09:23 PM
I saw more professional receivers drop easy passes in that first half than I have in quite awhile. If Dallas loses this game by less than 7 points, they can thank Clayton.

Cam
9/23/2007, 09:41 PM
Benson, fumble, never. :eek:

OKC-SLC
9/23/2007, 09:42 PM
Is that Remi Ayodele forcing the fumble recovered by TRRW?

tommieharris91
9/23/2007, 09:43 PM
Remi Ayodele forces a Cedric Benson fumble. Roy Williams recovers.

Reviewed and upheld.

OKC-SLC
9/23/2007, 09:44 PM
a fumble from Benson, no less.

Heh.

Sooner_Havok

You sir are correct!

sooneron
Classic RRSo moment there. Remis strips it from Benson and TRRW recovers.
heh

Sooner_Havok
9/23/2007, 09:45 PM
Sooners north!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cam
9/23/2007, 09:45 PM
Remi Ayodele forces a Cedric Benson fumble. Roy Williams recovers.
Benson's gotta be having flashbacks.

TUSooner
9/23/2007, 09:47 PM
I don't mind the Bears losing, in fact, I don't like the Bears anyway. But their supposedy great defense is singlehandedly BLOWING my 50-point fantasy game lead by letting Romo and Owens pass up and down the field. More reason to hate 'em, I guess,
It's
DISS
GUSTING :mad: :mad: :mad:

Cam
9/23/2007, 09:50 PM
That was a hell of a job of getting out of trouble by Romo.

jmikeh
9/23/2007, 09:51 PM

What a winding road for Remi. This taken from Wikipedia.

Remilekun "Remi" Ayodele (born October 8, 1982 in Lancaster, Texas) is an American football defensive tackle for the Dallas Cowboys of the NFL. He played college football for Northeastern Oklahoma A&M junior college, and then University of Oklahoma. He was left undrafted in the 2006 NFL Draft, but signed as a free agent, first to the New England Patriots, then the Baltimore Ravens, and then to the Dallas Cowboys practice squad before being released in November 2006. After being released he was then resigned by the Dallas Cowboys to a two year deal.

After being cut by the Dallas Cowboys in the Summer of 2007, he signed with Atlanta. After being cut by Atlanta in September 2007, he was immediately resigned and resessioned by the Dallas Cowboys to serve as a back up to Jay Ratliff, who was upgraded to starting nosetackle after Jason Ferguson suffered a season ending injury.

Sooner_Havok
9/23/2007, 09:57 PM
I don't mind the Bears losing, in fact, I don't like the Bears anyway. But their supposedy great defense is singlehandedly BLOWING my 50-point fantasy game lead by letting Romo and Owens pass up and down the field. More reason to hate 'em, I guess,
It's
DISS
GUSTING :mad: :mad: :mad:

I felt horrible. I decided to start the Panthers D over the Bears D because of the Panthers match up against the Falcons. Yeah, that looked stupid up until about 30 minutes ago. I still have a 50 point lead, and all the guy has left is Reggie Bush...

IronSooner
9/23/2007, 09:57 PM
I wonder when the Grossman experiment will be over in Chicago. Man he sucks.

jmikeh
9/23/2007, 10:00 PM

Ouch. The bears fans now resorting to chants of GRIESE. GRIESE. It has come to that. Wanting Griese on the field.:P

TexSooner000
9/23/2007, 10:00 PM
the interception he just threw, may seal the deal.

TUSooner
9/23/2007, 10:01 PM
I felt horrible. I decided to start the Panthers D over the Bears D because of the Panthers match up against the Falcons. Yeah, that looked stupid up until about 30 minutes ago. I still have a 50 point lead, and all the guy has left is Reggie Bush...
heh.
I HAD a 50- point lead until Romo & TO started tearing it up for my opponent. Now its a vanishing 15 point lead, with Bush still to play against me tomorrow. And since I can't possibly pull aganst my Saints, I guess I might as well concede! :O
At least I can sort of enjoy seeing da Bears and their stinking QB aggravate the Chicago fans. :pop:

Sooner_Havok
9/23/2007, 10:02 PM

Hey, Bears Quarterbacks have to give a little extra because they are criticized differently than other quarterbacks.

Sooner_Havok
9/23/2007, 10:04 PM
heh.
I HAD a 50- point lead until Romo & TO started tearing it up for my opponent. Now its a vanishing 15 point lead, with Bush still to play against me tomorrow. And since I can't possibly pull aganst my Saints, I guess I might as well concede! :O
At least I can sort of enjoy seeing da Bears and their stinking QB aggravate the Chicago fans. :pop:

You want to know bad? I Have a 49 point lead now, and I have Ronnie Brown on the bench!

CtheB
9/23/2007, 10:08 PM
Rex Grossman seeking Gundy to handle his post game presser....

TUSooner
9/23/2007, 10:08 PM
You want to know bad? I Have a 49 point lead now, and I have Ronnie Brown on the bench!

No kidding. He's on my bench, too.

TUSooner
9/23/2007, 10:11 PM
Maybe the 'Boys will kill the clock now. Nah, I couldn't be so lucky.

TUSooner
9/23/2007, 10:14 PM
Keep it on the ground!

Texas Golfer
9/23/2007, 10:15 PM
Tommie Harris appears to be injured.

sooneron
9/23/2007, 10:19 PM
Marion can run.

TUSooner
9/23/2007, 10:20 PM
Marion can run.
That's another brilliant fantasy move I made - trading him for Fred Taylor. :rolleyes:

TUSooner
9/23/2007, 10:23 PM
REAL ROY PICKS IT!
(Please run, Dallas, no passes, please)

IronSooner
9/23/2007, 10:24 PM
Way to go Roy!

Grossman had better be done now. Orton wasn't this bad.

bluedogok
9/23/2007, 10:29 PM
I saw this over on a Vikings board.....
Click on the link below for the rest of the story.

All quarterbacks are scrutinized regardless of race (http://www.scrippsnews.com/node/27005)

By MARK CRAIG
Minneapolis Star Tribune
Friday, September 21, 2007

In the shortest sports column in the history of newspapers, I will require only two words to refute Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb's argument on HBO that black quarterbacks receive more scrutiny than white quarterbacks.

Rex Grossman....

Gross-man seems to have earned that criticism again tonight.

RedGiant
9/23/2007, 10:46 PM
Wrecks Gross-man is single handedly destroying one of the best teams in football. He's truly incompetent, and I'm starting to believe Lovie is too for keeping him in.

tulsaoilerfan
9/23/2007, 10:53 PM
Wrecks Gross-man is single handedly destroying one of the best teams in football. He's truly incompetent, and I'm starting to believe Lovie is too for keeping him in.
Yeah, and if Lovie doesn't make the switch before the next game, then he deserves to lose.

tulsaoilerfan
9/23/2007, 10:54 PM
Tommie Harris appears to be injured.
And he sure didn't want the cameras on him; they said he got kicked in the boys; is that what happened? OUCH:eek:

SoonerStormchaser
9/23/2007, 10:56 PM
I'll say it before and I'll say it again...but then I've decided just to link my comments to THIS thread...

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88770&highlight=Rex+Grossman

bluedogok
9/23/2007, 11:01 PM
If Grossman was rookie free agent signee like Romo or even a sixth round pick he would be on the bench or cut. The fact that he and Cedric Benson were first round picks are the only reason they they are starting. They are trying to justify their picks.

Sooner_Havok
9/23/2007, 11:04 PM
SIGN ENA!

soonerhubs
9/24/2007, 08:09 AM
Reports this morning. Tommie Harris getting an MRI. :(

bonkuba
9/24/2007, 09:57 AM
I pull for the Bears because they are the Sooners north. I pull for the Cowboys because they got TRRW. I pull for a meteor to crash into the press box in the hopes that Jerry Jones is sitting there.

I agree completely!! :D

Texas Golfer
9/24/2007, 11:10 AM
I appreciate Lovie defending his players but he's been a Grossman apologist for two years now. The team has no confidence in Grossman nor do the fans.

I don't attribute the Bears problems on Grossman; I attribute them to Lovie. He's the HC and makes those personnel decisions.

SoonerinSouthlake
9/24/2007, 11:14 AM

I was lucky enough to find my way into the Cowboys hotel and team events during Superbowl 28 in Pasadena. The company I worked for did a lot of biz wiht the team so somehow I drew the long straw and got to be involved with the game.

I met several of Jones' long time family friends from Arkansas who simply gushed about what a gracious and kind individual he was. Plus Throughout the long weekend, when we saw him at the hotel...he made my Dad and I feel like we were a part of the team.

At the victory party after the superbowl I got a picture of me with him (when he was 3 sheets) looking like he was one of my high school buddies. It was a once in a life time weekend if you are a "reg joe" like myself

He's a pretty easy target if want to find something in his public persona not to like...but up close its hard not to like the guy.

RedGiant
9/24/2007, 01:04 PM
If Grossman was rookie free agent signee like Romo or even a sixth round pick he would be on the bench or cut. The fact that he and Cedric Benson were first round picks are the only reason they they are starting. They are trying to justify their picks.

It's really almost pathetic to see them being forced on the team and fans. Perhaps Lovie is not exactly what we thought he was. Letting Thomas Jones go in favor of Cedric Benson has to be the one of the most boneheaded decisions ever and that coupled with Wrecks getting the keys to the kingdom is killing the chemistry of the Bears. It's gonna take Lovie's dumb a** on a platter or Rex being shown the bench to turn things around.