PDA

View Full Version : The Way to Beat USC....!

Blues1
9/23/2007, 05:15 PM
OK I've watch all usc games so far (3) - and of course all our 4 games...And as a Sooner Fan I hate to say it - But - At this point usc Looks Unbeatable to my eye's..
I loved to be wrong about this and hopefully Cal or Oregon or even Arizona State will prove me wrong...?? (I just don't see ucla pulling off two in a row on usc)

Being a college football fan for 54 years now and after watching different teams during all that time I know doesn't make me a expert, but here's what see at this point in the season.

My opinion on how to beat usc....
#1A. -- Of couse without saying great Blocking and sure Tackling - No stupid penalties or turn overs is a must...

My theory...The Way to beat Usc.... On Offense -

#1. Speed Speed Speed.
During the First half run on a quick count and Run right at them...Forget about juking & jiving around - Run Very few wide sweeps unless you have already established straight ahead ground game - then a few end runs would mixed them up. A good opition play wouldn't hurt later in the game.

#2. Straight ahead runs mixed with Quick Play Pass's over the middle in the 12 to 20 yard range - Don't give their db's time to think or figure out you passing scheme - Send your Flankers out long 25 to 35 yards or more - then hit your tight ends down the middle in the 12 to 18 yard range.They have too much speed from side to side until they get worn out chasing flankers going deep with no results due to hitting them over the middle.

#3. Go No Huddle when possible - USC Coaches are very good at adjusting to the game when they have time to send in their defense plays and rotate different players - Give them NO time to adjust - Speed Speed Speed - Any side line confusion you can create on their coaching staff the better...!!!

#4. On Kickoff and punt returns after catching the ball - Wait one second when possible -Check out your best running route and then go full speed and let their special team players over run the kick coverage...(Demarco would be a great weapon in this area)

#5. Let your QB take off and run on pass plays everytime he see's a opening for a gain - You are taking the chance your qb doesn't get a injury - but the Idea is to win the game - Football is a contact sport - If you are going to beat usc every player must take his chance's -- even the qb...!

#6. Assuming you can get your tight ends open over the middle in the first half..? - Save all your trick plays for the 2nd half -IF the game is even or you are ahead in the 3rd quarter - Usc comes on stronger after half time and would be more vunerable to trick plays by over pursuing in the 3rd & 4th quarter..

#7. Change your first half quick count to a longer hard count in the 2nd half -get as many 5 yard penalties as possible - 5 yard penalties won't win you the game but usc is so ready to take your head off that any furstrating penalties drive them nuts more than your average team...Because they know they are NOT average...!!!

#8. Get back to the Hundle (The old Tommy McDonald Way) as fast as you can and run another play ASAP -don't fall into the trap of bad mouthing with them before - or during the game -- they love trying imitating you - Keep your mouth shut and save your energy - Do all your talking after the Game....!!!! - Remember ---Speed Speed - Speed..!

#9 - No matter what - You Keep on Rockin' ------ :D

Your Turn ............:pop:

AzianSooner
9/23/2007, 05:19 PM
The way to beat USC is get the running game going. Not only you can score but also reduce the USC offense time on the field greatly.

goingoneight
9/23/2007, 05:22 PM
I was going to say quarterback draw... but yeah. :D

Blues1
9/23/2007, 05:26 PM
The way to beat USC is get the running game going. Not only you can score but also reduce the USC offense time on the field greatly.

I like your version better than Mine -- Keep It Simple......:D
Still R'

SoonerKnight
9/23/2007, 05:27 PM
OK I've watch all usc games so far (3) - and of course all our 4 games...And as a Sooner Fan I hate to say it - But - At this point usc Looks Unbeatable to my eye's..

I'd have to say they are beatable. Stop the run. Make them throw. OU can do this. Then attack the QB make him make the mistakes. Then have OUr big OL slow down that blitz. Give QB time get in shotgun formation. Throw deep break their secondary. establish the run but mix it up. Remember OUr speed and their speed makes it a mute point. It would be about execution. We execute better we win!:pop:

whitehelmutsagain
9/23/2007, 05:31 PM
I loved to be wrong about this and hopefully Cal or Oregon or even Arizona State will prove me wrong...?? (I just don't see ucla pulling off two in a row on usc)

Being a college football fan for 54 years now and after watching different teams during all that time I know doesn't make me a expert, but here's what see at this point in the season.............:pop:

ELIMINATE JASON WHITE'S TURNOVERS FROM THE 2004 GAME AND O.U. WINS IT BY 14 POINTS! HELL TEXAS DID IT OVER THERE IN ROSETROLLVILLE PASADEMENTIA CALIFORIKER.

AzianSooner
9/23/2007, 05:32 PM
honestly, I have a better feeling to play USC and LSU this year due to the great protection of OL. For this, as I have said all along, I really love the new OL coach - "general" Patton.

Please send my best regard to him if anyone has his contact.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/23/2007, 05:33 PM
1. Stop the Run
2. Have the D-Line get there hands up Booty throws a low ball.
3. Pressure on Booty
4. Dont turn the ball over.
5. Score more point than USC

Sooner_Havok
9/23/2007, 05:36 PM

I think if we can manage that one, we would have a good shot at winning:D

stoops the eternal pimp
9/23/2007, 05:39 PM
Cal will do it before we get a chance so dont worry about it

tulsaoilerfan
9/23/2007, 05:53 PM
It's too early in the season to call anyone unbeatable.

Scott D
9/23/2007, 05:57 PM
It's too early in the season to call anyone unbeatable.

[media tools]This USC team is so good only the New England Patriots have a chance against them[/media tools]

fadada1
9/23/2007, 05:59 PM
ELIMINATE JASON WHITE'S TURNOVERS FROM THE 2004 GAME AND...
i don't remember this game...

Scott D
9/23/2007, 06:00 PM
that's ok fada, pickingmynoseagain forgot to put another lsu picture up with that post so it's not valid.

fadada1
9/23/2007, 06:08 PM
that's ok fada, pickingmynoseagain forgot to put another lsu picture up with that post so it's not valid.
THANK GOD!!!!

i thought people were starting to invent football games like they do imaginary friends.

arlington
9/23/2007, 06:48 PM
Are u guys paranoid? This SC team isnt NEAR as good as the team that kicked our *** and we arent the same soft *** team either. Wazzu might have had a chance to stop the SC passing game if they would have bothered to keep there corners close enough that you could see them on the tv screen. They played 'em like Nebraska did last year, just wanting to keep it close. They have size without speed at receiver and with all there talent in the backfield, none meet the White/Bush dilemma. And im not even going to get into Booty. The best part of there Offense is there line and there front 7 on D is stout but they arent unbeatable. When Cal and Oregon give them trouble i really hope that people take SC off there pedastal. I cant wait until we have won so many championships in a row that people are so fearful before we play that they dont bother to realize that our upcoming talent may not be as good as the championship teams before it. SC wasnt amazing last night. Wazzu is a back of the conference team and played scared.

Seamus
9/23/2007, 07:04 PM

Yeah, that might work ...

Ash
9/23/2007, 07:05 PM
1. Stop the Run
2. Have the D-Line get there hands up Booty ...
3. Pressure on Booty

You have a theme working...

Sooner_Havok
9/23/2007, 07:49 PM
Yeah, that might work ...

I say that that strategy would work for just about any team we could play, not just USC!

RedGiant
9/23/2007, 10:14 PM
I think Cal will take them long before we get there. A rematch with Less is in order I do believe.

Crucifax Autumn
9/24/2007, 01:05 AM
Ways to beat USC:

#1 - Just watch the season unfold as they lose 2

#2 - Laugh

goingoneight
9/24/2007, 01:35 AM
Am I the only one who thinks USC will wax all of the opponents people are predicting them to lose to?

If they lose, it will be a giant shocker (ala Appalachan State) or it will happen in Nawlins.

Blues1
9/24/2007, 06:33 AM
Am I the only one who thinks USC will wax all of the opponents people are predicting them to lose to?

If they lose, it will be a giant shocker (ala Appalachan State) or it will happen in Nawlins.

"No goingoneight You are Not the Only One"....~~~

I guess this is what made me start this Thread in the first place ...

I wanna be wrong - I hope I wrong -- But to me they (usc) Look Stronger Now than they did with Bush and White - This young usc Tail Back Chauncey (sp?) Kid Looks Like a young Bush on steriods to me...I'm "almost" hoping for 4 undefeated teams in December and we play whoever the 4th one is somewhere else -- Let USC & LSU go sugar - And we play whoever in Orange Bowl or Fiesta Bowl - Yes I know that sounds Like A Chicken S*** way to go - But after Last years Fiesta Bowl Loss I really Feel this OU team has to have a **Bowl Victory This Year** or we are going to start looking like a ND who always lose's bowl games...IF we are 13 and 0 or 12 and 1 or 11 and 2 --or whatever ~~~ We Really NEED a Bowl Victory This Year !!!! ~~~JMHO..

Living in California and getting all that usc hype everyday out here "Believe Me" ~~ No One will be happier than me to see usc go down - But right now I just don't see it....In all honesty I think IF anybody has a chance to beat usc it would be the SOONERS - But even if we lost 21 to 20 in bowl game to them I don't think I could take it and I think it would hurt the Sooners for years to come.....So as one poster said "Are you guys paranoid " ~~~ I guess my answer would be "Damn Near" ~~! Once again JMHO - No matter what are over all record is this year ?? ~~~ I feel -- This 2007 OU team has to Have a Bowl Victory This Year...!!!

My Dream Season for The Sooners would be let Oregon go 12 and 0 and We play them for the NC - Now that would be a revenge game I would love to see.

The only thing I can say in my defense on this thread subject is - Remember I was the crazy guy who posted last year "A&M will Beat Texas"

Have fun - Lets slaughter Colorado - and Keep Rockin'
Blues1

whitehelmutsagain
9/24/2007, 09:47 AM

COLT DAVID 'S FAKE FILED GOAL 09/22/07
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a239/hunter_/UZZOFPPOHFAHVMJ.20070923002119.jpg

handcrafted
9/24/2007, 10:32 AM
Booty is o-ver-rat-ted. He'll get confuzzled and exposed by at least one, possibly 2 Pac-10 opponents. Cal and Oregon, probably. Maybe UCLA.

However, I think Leslie will no doubt lose one of his 2 games against Florida. But even if the tiggereauxs lose in 2 weeks, if they win the SEC championship, they may end up No. 1. More of a chance if Florida loses to, say, South Carolina.

I have a feeling that the only way into the Sugar Bowl for us is to once again play LSU on their turf.

GottaHavePride
9/24/2007, 10:37 AM
I have a feeling that the only way into the BCS +1 NC game for us is to once again play LSU on their turf.

Fixed. the Sugar Bowl <> the NC game.

A-M
9/24/2007, 10:38 AM
1. Stop the Run
2. Have the D-Line get there hands up Booty throws a low ball.
3. Pressure on Booty
4. Dont turn the ball over.

Number 5 above looks like the best option to me!:D