PDA

View Full Version : Question: Tech or Pokes who will be tougher?

southern sooner
9/23/2007, 11:36 AM
Who will give us the toughest game?

Pokes @ home with an improving running game and a smart qb?

or

A pass crazy no defense team with a group of refs on their payroll?

I think we shut down the run game pretty easy, I also think we will figure out a way to cover the receivers and put some pressure on the tech QB.

Inerested to see your thoughts / opinions.

fadada1
9/23/2007, 11:40 AM
i think tech will be a lot like what we saw friday night. scheme the system, bend don't break, no problems.

osu will find a way to poop themselves well before the game. one solid game agains a defense resembling a kitchen strainer does not necessarily determine improvement.

StormySooner-IN
9/23/2007, 11:44 AM
Tech probably. Due to payroll and being on the road.

I still think we'll win both, likely by double digits.

tommieharris91
9/23/2007, 11:49 AM
Tech, the game's in Lubbock.

OU/osu score will look a lot like Friday night's score.

yermom
9/23/2007, 11:56 AM
4 punts in that game, 2 each. wow.

OSU wins the turnover battle (+1) and forces them to one FG, which is the 4 points they won by

i have to say i'm not too afraid of either of them at the moment. OSU at home, barring any major lineup changes should be an easy game.

Tech seems to have a more straightforward offense than Tulsa, i think that's bad for them. i think the game in Lubbock shouldn't be nearly as tough as the last time. hopefully the gale force winds aren't as much of an issue. that game was just brutal in 2005

Suerreal
9/23/2007, 12:17 PM
I think the "loss" from 2 years ago will serve as added incentive to put the Texas Tech game so far out of reach that any bad calls are moot.

No added incentive necessary against the Pokes.

If the Sooners can fight off complacency, and stay healthy, they should not have too much trouble with either team.

Widescreen
9/23/2007, 07:08 PM
Tech seems to have a more straightforward offense than Tulsa, i think that's bad for them. i think the game in Lubbock shouldn't be nearly as tough as the last time. hopefully the gale force winds aren't as much of an issue. that game was just brutal in 2005

Don't forget about Tech's OL "splits". Those alone should count for at least 20 points. They've got splits wider than the divided Red Sea. The announcers will be sure we're aware of those splits several times during each Tech possession.

SoonerBOI
9/23/2007, 07:30 PM
Tulsa played us tough with their sandwich spread offense, we adjusted. Cupcake OSU and Tec plays no D at all. We win comfortable.:)

SelmaBamaFan
9/23/2007, 07:32 PM
This should be a pole!

OUinFLA
9/23/2007, 07:50 PM
This should be a pole!

Like this one?

http://www.liceum-mchod.infrakom.com.pl/2002/images/papiez.jpeg

Sooner_Havok
9/23/2007, 07:55 PM
Don't forget about Tech's OL "splits". Those alone should count for at least 20 points. They've got splits wider than the divided Red Sea. The announcers will be sure we're aware of those splits several times during each Tech possession.

Ah, you are so naive. They are going to be talking about Notre Dame so much, there won't be any time to talk about the game actually being played.

SoonerDood
9/23/2007, 08:04 PM
Tech, only because it's on the road. Aggie Lite plays dead on the road.

cvsooner
9/23/2007, 08:07 PM
Oh, definitely OSU. Right now they lead the Big 12 in conference play, they have the world's greatest offense, a 40-year-old coach-man who thinks it's macho to yell at women, AND Bobby Reid's momma.:rolleyes:

RedGiant
9/23/2007, 10:56 PM
OSU is a dead fish when not playing at home. Tech maybe, they might score some points and even if the pass defense doesn't improve to be dominant at least they are getting turnovers and OU's offense is far more athletic so we'll still probably blow them out simply because we'll get more possessions than they do and their defense is non-existent. Tech will rush for 10 yards or less.

Ash
9/23/2007, 11:34 PM
Gundy threw a hissy fit and for some reason now has street cred. We're doomed.

Crucifax Autumn
9/24/2007, 12:32 AM
I think we'll destroy 'em both. Tougher may be tech...but not by much.

Ash
9/24/2007, 12:36 AM
Aggie lite actually looked like they had a running game against tech to go along with a passing game. I'd say they might be the tougher match-up. Neither has a D to speak of.

As long as penalties, turnovers are kept to a minimum, we should be able to take of care of business.

RedstickSooner
9/24/2007, 07:56 AM
Who will give us the toughest game?

Pokes @ home with an improving running game and a smart qb?

or

A pass crazy no defense team with a group of refs on their payroll?

I think we shut down the run game pretty easy, I also think we will figure out a way to cover the receivers and put some pressure on the tech QB.

Inerested to see your thoughts / opinions.

Refs are always harder to stop than the running game, a spread offense, or the "offense of the century". I believe the answer to this one, like our entitlement to certain rights, should be self-evident.