He was drunk.

He'll probably apologize today.

Did he call Jenny a wigger?

sanantoniosooner
9/23/2007, 08:20 AM
He busted on her corn rows.

crawfish
9/23/2007, 08:56 AM
How does he know that 3/4 of the article is inaccurate if he didn't read it?

Okla-homey
9/23/2007, 09:00 AM
All this because some guy wrote a story positing that Reid is no longer the Poke starting QB because of a poor attitude? Sheesh.

Methinks Gumby ain't long for the HC gig...altho the win against TT may buy him some goodwill among the pistoleros.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/23/2007, 09:07 AM
Jenni Carlson wrote a column in yesterday's paper talking about Bobby Reid and his attitude and how his mom was feeding him fried chicken after last week's game.

Gundy spent 3 1/2 minutes in full on tirade bitching about it.

Vaevictis
9/23/2007, 09:12 AM
From a professional point of view, he probably shouldn't have done that.

OTOH, I can't fault him for standing up for his players.

blueyedsooner
9/23/2007, 09:21 AM
I wish more people would call out these poor writers that dope up their stories with nonsense. I think it's refreshing to see someone actually care about the false garbage that is sometimes spewed by the media. And Carlson can suck an egg...what a waste of space!

(Although saying you didn't read the article and going off about it was a bit ridiculous! ;))

1stTimeCaller
9/23/2007, 09:24 AM
I hope that OU and OSU revoke her media pass and that they both deny her all access to their programs.

He does have a good point about kicking a student-athlete when they are down. There's no reason for the media to do that.

Okla-homey
9/23/2007, 10:30 AM
I wish more people would call out these poor writers that dope up their stories with nonsense. I think it's refreshing to see someone actually care about the false garbage that is sometimes spewed by the media. And Carlson can suck an egg...what a waste of space!

(Although saying you didn't read the article and going off about it was a bit ridiculous! ;))

I agree with both your points. The published drivel, and the Gumby over-reaction.

MextheBulldog
9/23/2007, 11:00 AM
Some pent up anger must be here after that tough start. I am not sure if you want your HC attacking media members quite like that. There are other ways to express your displeasure.

yermom
9/23/2007, 11:24 AM
i think i'm with Gumby on this one

i can't believe newsok links to that video :D

Petro-Sooner
9/23/2007, 11:28 AM

Agree 100%

tommieharris91
9/23/2007, 11:33 AM
People that write chicken**** articles deserve chicken**** responses. I hope Carlson gets relegated to small colleges, or worse, junior high tiddlywinks.

Viking Kitten
9/23/2007, 01:03 PM
Here (http://newsok.com/article/3131543?pg=1) is the Carlson article that the fuss is about. It is really, really stupid, especially the whole thing about his mom feeding him chicken (so he ate his mom's chicken, big effing deal), but I don't think it was worth a three-minute freak out.

As far as not reading it goes, I think what he meant to say (and didn't articulate very well) was that he normally doesn't read the Oklahoman, but he read this just because somebody brought it to his attention.

Some of the reader comments are pretty funny, especially the ones from Pokes bitching about how the Oklahoman hates them and loves us. Hee hee. They think ragging on 1-3 teams and saying nice things about 4-0 teams is somehow anti-Poke bias. It's all a vast, Gaylord/OU J-School/military-industrial complex/left wing conspiracy. Awesome.

Czar Soonerov
9/23/2007, 01:12 PM
Here (http://newsok.com/article/3131543?pg=1) is the Carlson article that the fuss is about. It is really, really stupid, especially the whole thing about his mom feeding him chicken (so he ate his mom's chicken, big effing deal), but I don't think it was worth a three-minute freak out.

Carlson basically called Reid a mamas boy in the article. So I can understand why the man they call "Gundy" was upset.

Mixer!
9/23/2007, 01:21 PM
Any chance of farking :stunned: hat into one made out of tinfoil? ;)

SicEmBaylor
9/23/2007, 01:39 PM
I'm not a fan of Gundy or OSU, and I think he probably handled this poorly. Having said that, I do admire the guy for getting so impassioned about the reputation of his players. I respect a guy who goes to bat for his players like that.

StoopTroup
9/23/2007, 03:27 PM
Gumby funny.

StormySooner-IN
9/23/2007, 03:42 PM
Gumby funny.
I thought so too.:D

blueyedsooner
9/23/2007, 09:01 PM
nm

SoonerTerry
9/23/2007, 10:15 PM
Read the article.. watched the rant.. as a parent I like what he said,

SoonerTerry
9/23/2007, 10:17 PM
Here (http://newsok.com/article/3131543?pg=1) is the Carlson article that the fuss is about.

I think newsOK.com just dropped off the earth:D

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/23/2007, 10:32 PM
I still want to know how, if the kid was doing "everything right," he lost his position.

SoonerTerry
9/23/2007, 10:46 PM
MewsOK.com is back online

SoonerStormchaser
9/23/2007, 10:59 PM
Gumby's a prick for handling it the way he did. I'm not defending Carlson either, she's a waste of article space on the DO. But he just turned into the biggest meltdown joke in America after that pathetic rant he pulled.

Somewhere, Dan Hawkins is laughing.

SoonerStormchaser
9/23/2007, 11:00 PM
Read the article.. watched the rant.. as a parent I like what he said,
Are you a parent with children? Cause if you're not, then Gundy doesn't want to talk to you.

dolemitesooner
9/23/2007, 11:17 PM
I still want to know how, if the kid was doing "everything right," he lost his position.
He said he is doing everything right on off the field. They just think the robinson is better.

dolemitesooner
9/23/2007, 11:19 PM
Gumby's a prick for handling it the way he did. I'm not defending Carlson either, she's a waste of article space on the DO. But he just turned into the biggest meltdown joke in America after that pathetic rant he pulled.

Somewhere, Dan Hawkins is laughing.
He is not a prick. People should not make **** up about his kids. If he would have just said somthing in the conference nothing would have happen. With him melting down and sticking up for his kids it helps with recruiting and a ton of other things.

Anyone who defends that dumb fat bitch carlson on this one is a moron.

goingoneight
9/24/2007, 01:13 AM
So is this beneficial to Gumndy or will it end up another one of those dumb rants like Arizona's coach (NFL) had last year? I can't fault Gundy for stepping up like that... but I have seen some coaches take a more subtle approach. Like when people attack Stoops, he just kind of tells them "we aren't going there" or "don't bring that up."

IronSooner
9/24/2007, 01:29 AM
He flew off more than I would have, but after reading that I can't exactly fault him for it. Article's mostly speculation and a personal attack on a college kid. I"d have been hacked off too.

yermom
9/24/2007, 01:56 AM
So is this beneficial to Gumndy or will it end up another one of those dumb rants like Arizona's coach (NFL) had last year? I can't fault Gundy for stepping up like that... but I have seen some coaches take a more subtle approach. Like when people attack Stoops, he just kind of tells them "we aren't going there" or "don't bring that up."

i was dying when i saw the Coors Light commercial with that rant tonight :D

i think that the rant and Gundy probably fit OSU, it would be weird if something like that happened at OU though

salth2o
9/24/2007, 01:58 AM
Dear Mike,

You forgot to call them suckers.

Les

Czar Soonerov
9/24/2007, 03:40 AM
In honor of Bobby Reid we had fried chicken tonight for dinner. No, VK did not feed it to our son, he ain't no mommas boy.

;)

Dio
9/24/2007, 07:49 AM
It's on now- Carlson's girlfriend wants a word with Gundy

http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/8037/rosieaj9.jpg

OU4LIFE
9/24/2007, 07:53 AM
I have NO problem with what he did, defending one of his players is fine by me especially where the media is concerned...BUT, anyone who thinks this wasn't planned is kidding themselves. He's been on EVERY news outlet lately described as "not interested" and "shows no fire"...this was just the his PR guy telling him that he needed an outburst to make him seem "fiery"...

so basically, it was complete bullshiat.

that, and I wouldn't want to talk football either after my defense just got torched for 650 PASSING yards.

Veritas
9/24/2007, 08:20 AM
Man. I'm no fan of OSU and I've thought of Gumby as a giant ******rocket, but...****in' A man. Jenni Carlson sucks.

Now if he could just channel that energy into winning some football games...

RFH Shakes
9/24/2007, 08:52 AM
Man if he can't control himself after some bad press about his players, how is he going to act under pressure when he starts losing some games.... oh wait.

1stTimeCaller
9/24/2007, 09:17 AM
The article had very little to do with Bobby Reid as a football player. I would think thats what made Gundy angry.

Some of you need to remove your crimson shades.

IB4OU2
9/24/2007, 09:39 AM
Bobby's momma feeding him fried chicken after the games just ain't true!
:(

....although I was wondering why there was a gigantic highchair at the new Popeye's on Hall of Fame?

Okla-homey
9/24/2007, 10:22 AM
While I generally agree it's not really "nice" to bash amateur athletes, lets not kid ourselves either. College football is big business. When schools go out and claim they have the world's most dangerous offense and stir the pot in that way, they need to expect having folks like Ms. Carlson suggest the "emperor is nekkid."

IMHO, the whole thing might have been dismissed with a few carefully chosen words at the beginning of the appearance like, "I would like to begin by stating the piece in the Oklahoman about Mr. Reid was unfair and inaccurate. Further, he and his family found it personally hurtful. I hope the writer will take that into account before doing a similar piece about any other amatuer athlete. Now, what are your questions about today's game..."

Veritas
9/24/2007, 10:44 AM
While I generally agree it's not really "nice" to bash amateur athletes, lets not kid ourselves either. College football is big business. When schools go out and claim they have the world's most dangerous offense and stir the pot in that way, they need to expect having folks like Ms. Carlson suggest the "emperor is nekkid."
Yeah, it is big business for everybody but the athlete. Give **** to the people whose salaries include that responsibility.

NormanPride
9/24/2007, 10:47 AM
From the "never judge until the whole story is known" department... That wasn't really Carlson's article. The sports editor got the "facts" in that one, and had Jenni write it. The DO is famous for this, apparently, and it's one of the primary reasons that they're considered the lowest of the low in terms of news rags. Jenni shouldn't have taken this assignment, but there's no knowing the pressures put on her by the editor to do it. At the very least she should have checked the facts and/or let the subjects respond to the statements made about them, but she may not have had the chance or time to. That being said, feel free to bash her for her normally bad articles. :D

Gundy flew off the handle too much, IMO. He's a head coach and should act like one. You can call out the media and make them look evil and stupid in more intelligent and painful ways than wishing their kids get made fun of. I honestly think the pressures of the season kind of exploded right there and he lost control completely. I would have made a point of pumping rival papers, and vow to spend a little time every press conference talking about how great the World and Norman Transcript are, and how the DO steals their stories (poorly as well). But then again, I'm more of a "punishment fits the crime" sort.

rufnek05
9/24/2007, 10:50 AM
"this was givin to me, by a mother.... of children"

Viking Kitten
9/24/2007, 10:51 AM
When something is said that makes people over-react in anger, their defensiveness generally comes from a fear that there may be a nugget of truth in what was said. Now, I'm not saying that's necessarily the case here, but his tirade certainly makes it seem that way. To have calmly pointed out the writer's factual errors would have been a much smarter move.

OU4LIFE
9/24/2007, 10:53 AM
IMHO, the whole thing might have been dismissed with a few carefully chosen words at the beginning of the appearance like, "I would like to begin by stating the piece in the Oklahoman about Mr. Reid was unfair and inaccurate. Further, he and his family found it personally hurtful. I hope the writer will take that into account before doing a similar piece about any other amatuer athlete. Now, what are your questions about today's game..."

yeah, ,but then he would have had to actually address the fact that his defense gave up the most yards to Tech of ANY TEAM ALL YEAR. That includes the powerhouses Rice, SMU and UTEP.

pardon me while I laugh myself to death.

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/24/2007, 10:54 AM
My favorite line of the whole thing:

"I'm a man. . .I'm 40."

That really should be on someone's 40th birthday cake.

Okla-homey
9/24/2007, 10:59 AM
My favorite line of the whole thing:

"I'm a man. . .I'm 40."

That really should be on someone's 40th birthday cake.

Didn't Muddy Waters have a song called "Im a Man?" Maybe that should be Gumby's theme song.;)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/24/2007, 11:03 AM
I am a die hard Sooner fan and in the past have disparaged Oklahoma State on numerous occasions. I today have a newly found respect for our rival program and most especially Mike Gundy. When I watched Gundy play in years past I had always respected him as a player, but today he has risen in my mind to the level of one of the best human beings I can think of. His passionate support of Reid confirmed what I have suspected. I have always seen Reid as the most solid of players and one the Sooners have always respected with the most suspicious of eyes. From now on I will shout "GO POKES" on every day of the season with the exception of one. Shame on you Oklahoman, shame, shame, shame!!!!!!!!

Ok, turn in your Sooners fan card now.

usmc-sooner
9/24/2007, 11:04 AM
reminded me of the "How dare you make fun of Britney" video. Go coach at Bethany Nazarene College and you won't have to worry about people writing stories about this.

You've got to be kidding me if you let Jenni Carlson throw you off your game and send you into a rant.

JohnnyMack
9/24/2007, 11:09 AM
I have NO problem with what he did, defending one of his players is fine by me especially where the media is concerned...BUT, anyone who thinks this wasn't planned is kidding themselves. He's been on EVERY news outlet lately described as "not interested" and "shows no fire"...this was just the his PR guy telling him that he needed an outburst to make him seem "fiery"...

that, and I wouldn't want to talk football either after my defense just got torched for 650 PASSING yards.

Yep.

See folks not only is he a witch on the golf course, he can sniff out a staged scream fest like nobodies business.

JohnnyMack
9/24/2007, 11:10 AM
Ask yourself how Stoops would have handled this exact same situation.

No one has to question Bobby's fire and enthusiasm, so he would have handled with a typcially stern paragraph at the onset of his press conference and moved on.

GottaHavePride
9/24/2007, 11:11 AM
Maybe he's a man... of constant sorrow? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6LqX2v3lvY)

usmc-sooner
9/24/2007, 11:11 AM
it's fictional,

hey Gundy have you never been exposed to the media before. Just last week Gundy said he and his players didn't read this stuff and now he's on TV making an *** out of himself. The week before that he was saying that Reid was still the QB and would not lose his job due to an injury. Sounds like Gundy knows a little about fiction.

IB4OU2
9/24/2007, 11:23 AM
Living uphere for me is akin to being "Nacho" in the movie "Idiocracy".

GottaHavePride
9/24/2007, 11:26 AM
Not Nacho Libre?

IB4OU2
9/24/2007, 11:31 AM
Not Nacho Libre?

No unless his sidekick's name is Frito.

1stTimeCaller
9/24/2007, 11:38 AM
When schools go out and claim they have the world's most dangerous offense and stir the pot in that way, they need to expect having folks like Ms. Carlson suggest the "emperor is nekkid."

That's fine. She should have said that the Emperor was nekkid but she(and her editor according to NP) chose to go after a player. That's sorry and lower than whale shat in my book.

I guess I just don't agree with some viewpoints in this thread and some of you don't agree with mine. You won't convince me that I'm wrong and I won't try to convince you that you are.

Czar Soonerov
9/24/2007, 11:39 AM
Maybe he's a man... of constant sorrow? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6LqX2v3lvY)
What makes a man? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jezbbp3dQw&mode=related&search=)

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/24/2007, 11:43 AM
He's a man on a mission http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RMEDBhXh-w

JohnnyMack
9/24/2007, 11:53 AM
That's fine. She should have said that the Emperor was nekkid but she(and her editor according to NP) chose to go after a player. That's sorry and lower than whale shat in my book.

I guess I just don't agree with some viewpoints in this thread and some of you don't agree with mine. You won't convince me that I'm wrong and I won't try to convince you that you are.

I'm not talking about the dok's decision to go after a player, I'm talking about Hair Gel's reaction to it.

It. Was. Totally. Contrived.

Reminded me of this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5JCN4dulvU

picasso
9/24/2007, 12:27 PM
The Oklahoman has a conspiracy against oSu and the rest of the media world hates OU. It's a sad world we live in.

btw- he should have yelled at Jenny in. short. sentences.

frankensooner
9/24/2007, 01:08 PM
His press conference is on right now. I came in late so I missed any "I'm not taking any questions about...disclaimer." Now he is talking about how crappy they were on defense. oh, now he is saying there is a hand-out saying they aren't talking about it...but now he is talking about it.

mdklatt
9/24/2007, 01:14 PM
Nobody has commented on how awesome it is that with the Correctional Facility Orange backdrop and the CFO shirt, it looks like there's just a floating, ranting Gumby head.

OU4LIFE
9/24/2007, 01:14 PM

you're wrong.

1stTimeCaller
9/24/2007, 02:07 PM
if loving you is wrong, I don't wanna be right.

OU4LIFE
9/24/2007, 02:31 PM
we agree

bri
9/24/2007, 02:58 PM

She was just p*ssed that he didn't leave any for her.

No.

Chicken.

Left.

Jeopardude
9/24/2007, 03:36 PM
The best part is when he yells "That ain't true!!"

Pure Aggie nitwittedness there.

C&CDean
9/24/2007, 03:58 PM
So, I read the article. And I've seen his rant. My thoughts:

The article just wasn't that bad. I mean if his momma was actually hand-feeding him chicken then he deserves to get raked. If she cooked up some chicken and gave him a box or bag and he's just eating chicken that's another story.

Furthermore, Reid's momma didn't do her boy any good by bitching to Gundy about the article. It just makes him look like even more of a momma's boy than he already is. And it makes Gundy look like a giant goober for cowtowing to the parent of a player.

I've got no problem with a coach going off on the media - especially to protect a player, but Gundy's little staged production would have gotten booed off the stage at the Sooner Theater. L. A. M. E. Just another embarrassing feather in the aglet cap. Stoops could have said/done more in one sentence - and probably even gotten an apology from the DOK. Gundy just made a bigger *** out of himself than he already is.

Finally, I think this will be the ags biggest highlight clip of the season.

Scott D
9/24/2007, 03:59 PM
Dean, just admit that the underlying theme to the whole tirade was Gundy admitting he can't read.

IB4OU2
9/24/2007, 04:05 PM
[hairGel] That was one of the most unproffesional meltdowns I've ever seen and to think it may have been staged just makes it that more ridiculus.

bri
9/24/2007, 04:46 PM
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1333/1435199960_8d9c49acbb_o.jpg

Eh, I got nothin'.

soonerboomer93
9/25/2007, 05:09 AM
Yeah, it is big business for everybody but the athlete. Give **** to the people whose salaries include that responsibility.

no the athletes are getting paid hundred of thousands of dollars, but they are getting a free education for 3-6 years. Frankly, some of the players wouldn't be attending college without that scholarship. They can go on to make good money working in the NFL or maybe in the business world. Or they can make nothing of themselves. It depends on what they make of their free education. It also depends on what they show on the field.

Was the article a little over the top, yeah. However, he also was the starting quarter back, for a BCS conference team. A team that billed itself as "the greatest offense in the world" and that has aspirations of competing with OU and UT for the Big 12 championship. OSU put him in the limelight position. Gundy's reaction was absolutely planned and over the top. There were much better ways of handling it then going off for 3.5 minutes. You can tell his address her through the whole diatribe and that's complete bull**** to do in a press conference that way. Gundy is getting blasted by a fair amount of the National Media, with good reason. He would have come accross better with a 30 second statement about the article then discussed his win. The diatribe was meant to distract from the state of their program.

soonerboomer93
9/25/2007, 05:15 AM
He's a man on a mission http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7RMEDBhXh-w

but not just any mission (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDh7Crsy7kY)

Condescending Sooner
9/25/2007, 12:26 PM
I think a lot of people are missing the point about his mother feeding him chicken. I have heard several people say, "I would love my mother to feed me chicken". She was HAND-FEEDING him chicken while he talked on the cell phone. Huge f'ing difference. There is no way in hell I would have let my mother hand feed me in front of my friends at age 21.

frankensooner
9/25/2007, 12:32 PM
switch chicken with grapes and mother with cheerleader and then you would have something to write about! ;)

Viking Kitten
9/25/2007, 01:05 PM
I think a lot of people are missing the point about his mother feeding him chicken. I have heard several people say, "I would love my mother to feed me chicken". She was HAND-FEEDING him chicken while he talked on the cell phone. Huge f'ing difference. There is no way in hell I would have let my mother hand feed me in front of my friends at age 21.

Ohhhhh. I missed that. Jenni didn't communicate that very well. Next time Jenni, write it like this:

It would've been normal post-game activity but for one thing.

His mother was feeding him chicken.

By hand.

Which brings us to the quarterback switch-a-roo at Oklahoma State (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Oklahoma+State+University&CATEGORY=ORGANIZATION).

PhxSooner
9/25/2007, 01:08 PM
There's a shot of Gundy on the front page of ESPN.com that shows just how tall his hair is. Impressive.

Mixer!
9/25/2007, 01:16 PM
I think he was just having a breakdown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icMTVV5Lwaw&NR=1) of epic proportions.

sanantoniosooner
9/25/2007, 01:19 PM
I lost a tooth listening to that video.

OKLA21FAN
9/25/2007, 01:24 PM
I lost a tooth listening to that video.
and you will never look at your sister the same way

sanantoniosooner
9/25/2007, 01:28 PM
You sure got a perty mouth......

soonerbrat
9/25/2007, 01:49 PM

STAY AWAY FROM MY SISTER!

and check your peem box, i have a question in there for you.

OKLA21FAN
9/25/2007, 01:55 PM
and check your peem box, i

i'd prefer if you checked it

every time i do it, God kills a kitten

Mixer!
9/25/2007, 03:09 PM
Anybody need a new avvie?

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/ww/news/2007/09/25/osu7.jpg

bri
9/25/2007, 05:42 PM
Dear Mike,

It's time to cut back on the fake-baking. Your skin is almost indistinguishable from the bright orange background. You're doing it wrong.

Thx plz,
Everyone With Eyes

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/25/2007, 05:55 PM

that, and I wouldn't want to talk football either after my defense just got torched for 650 PASSING yards.You might have something there. Strategy IS important in coaching.

StoopTroup
9/25/2007, 07:39 PM
Mega Dittos to Rush today for bashing Carlson.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/25/2007, 08:05 PM
Mega Dittos to Rush today for bashing Carlson.I just hope Gumby doesn't get any windfall benefits from doing it.

C&CDean
9/25/2007, 08:10 PM
People, his mommy was HAND FEEDING him chicken while he talked on the phone after getting his *** beat on the field. Can you say "fair game?" Sure you can.

Twice in my life did somebody hand feed me chicken. When I was a little **** and don't remember I'm sure my mom handfed me chicken, and one other time when I broke both my wrists and collar bones in a motorcycle wreck and the nurses are Womack Army Hospital fed me chicken. I could handle getting hand fed, but getting hand-wiped by nurse Ratchett with 60-grit paper wasn't your average walk in the park.

Like I said before, the article ain't that bad.

soonerbrat
9/25/2007, 09:02 PM
Dean has spoken.

Czar Soonerov
9/25/2007, 09:14 PM
New smilie?

http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2671/gundypn1.png (http://imageshack.us)

Czar Soonerov
9/25/2007, 09:15 PM
I'M A MAN!!!http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2671/gundypn1.png (http://imageshack.us)I'M 40!!!1

goingoneight
9/26/2007, 12:56 AM
:les: http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2671/gundypn1.png (http://imageshack.us)

Deathmatch... who wins?

Sooner_Havok
9/26/2007, 01:46 AM
Best thing about that...

You can show what is on Gumby's mind

[hairGel]http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/2671/gundypn1.png (http://imageshack.us)

Czar Soonerov
9/26/2007, 01:09 PM
http://gundyman40.ytmnd.com

landrun
9/27/2007, 07:57 PM
More power to Gundy. The press is made up of a bunch of LOSERS who make a living literally ruining other people's lives by reporting lies to the masses.

I'm a Sooner through and through. But any sports fan should be in agreement with Gundy.

Viking Kitten
9/27/2007, 08:15 PM
Would you mind sending your generalizations over to sweep my kitchen floor when you're done with them? TIA!

Jerk
9/27/2007, 09:42 PM
Would you mind sending your generalizations over to sweep my kitchen floor when you're done with them? TIA!

Aren't you a mother of children?

Scott D
9/27/2007, 09:43 PM
More power to Gundy. The press is made up of a bunch of LOSERS who make a living literally ruining other people's lives by reporting lies to the masses.

I'm a Sooner through and through. But any sports fan should be in agreement with Gundy.

your life must be one of those ruined lives. As opposed to the lives they've not ruined by reporting the truth to the masses.

sooneron
9/27/2007, 10:14 PM
your life must be one of those ruined lives. As opposed to the lives they've not ruined by reporting the truth to the masses.
Maybe he's one of those poor souls that has encountered the fate of opening his front door only to find Mike Wallace and a camera crew on his porch.

Meh, doubt he's that important

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
9/27/2007, 10:22 PM
Maybe he's one of those poor souls that has encountered the fate of opening his front door only to find Chris Hansen and a camera crew on his porch.

fixed.

Scott D
9/27/2007, 10:34 PM
sorry sooneron, I'm gonna go with SBSB's explanation.

sooneron
9/27/2007, 10:45 PM
Is that the Cheaters guy?

Viking Kitten
9/27/2007, 10:49 PM
This is off topic, but man, I love the Cheaters voiceover guy. Instead of "We found them at restaurant" it's always something like "we found the loathsome lovebirds enjoying a hearty meal at a popular local eatery." Hee hee. Makes me giggle every time.

SoonerGirl06
9/27/2007, 11:04 PM
The first page of Jenni's article made me feel like I was reading the National Enquirer. I couldn't force myself to read the second page.

I am no Gundy or OSU fan by any means, but her article was distasteful and totally unprofessional IMO.

Most of her stuff was hearsay and half truths. Pathetic that the newspaper would allow the article to be published.

Viking Kitten
9/27/2007, 11:09 PM
And also when Joey Greco on Cheaters looks at the camera and does his whole little crazy eyes thing, it reminds me of Count Floyd from SCTV.

StoopTroup
9/27/2007, 11:14 PM
Jenni is evidently stalking Gundy now.

I think she has gone to far now....

http://www.baretan.com/MysticTanSprayPic.jpg

SoonerGirl06
9/27/2007, 11:15 PM
That Cheater's show is so addicting... you don't want to watch it, but it's too damn hard to change the channel because it's just so damn entertaining.

Soonerus
9/27/2007, 11:17 PM
I almost never read articles regarding OSU, it slipped past me...

Scott D
9/28/2007, 08:36 AM
Is that the Cheaters guy?

I'm pretty sure I saw landrun on Dateline NBC.

Czar Soonerov
9/28/2007, 11:51 AM
http://www.phonezoo.com/Ringtone.do?ringtoneId=21835887

OU4LIFE
9/28/2007, 11:56 AM

that.

is

awesome.

Frozen Sooner
9/28/2007, 12:01 PM
Heh. Someone mind hosting that for me so I can put it on my phone?

Czar Soonerov
9/28/2007, 12:09 PM
http://www.phonezoo.com/dload/d/10jABGPo/GundyRant.qcp

Sooner_Bob
9/28/2007, 01:10 PM

Hilarious.

picasso
9/28/2007, 01:38 PM
remember that one time when the Cheaters guy got stabbed on the boat?? hehe, that was some good times.

badger
9/28/2007, 02:45 PM
This entire thing calls for parodies (http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99561)
Enjoy! :D

Desert Sapper
10/17/2007, 09:32 AM
I know this makes me a total dork, but I transcribed the entire affair. For future use and to avoid any misquotes:

Anybody that hasn't read this article...I don't read it. It was brought to me by a mother...of children. I think this is worth reading. Let me tell you why I wanna talk about this article. 3/4 of this is inakrut. It's fiction. And this article embarrasses me...to be involved...with athletics...tremendously. And that article had to have been written by somebody that doesn't have a child. And has never....had a child...that has had THEIR HEART BROKEN AND COME HOME upset. AND HAD TO DEAL WITH THE CHILD WHEN HE IS UPSET. AND KICK A PERSON WHEN HE'S DOWN. HERE'S ALL THAT KID DID: HE GOES TO CLASS, HE'S RESPECTFUL TO THE MEDIA, HE'S RESPECTFUL TO THE PUBLIC! and he's a good kid. And he's not a professional athlete. And he doesn't deserve to be kicked when he's down. If you have a child someday, you'll understand how it feels. But you obviously don't have a child. I do. IF YOUR CHILD GOES DOWN THE STREET, AND SOMEBODY MAKES FUN OF HIM, BECAUSE HE DROPPED A PASS IN A PICKUP GAME OR SAYS HE'S FAT AND HE COMES HOME CRYING TO HIS MOM...you'd understand. But you haven't had that. But someday you will. And when your child comes home, you'll understand. IF YOU WANT TO GO AFTER AN ATHLETE, ONE OF MY ATHLETES, YOU GO AFTER ONE THAT DOESN'T DO THE RIGHT THINGS. YOU DON'T DOWNGRADE HIM BECAUSE HE DOES EVERYTHING RIGHT AND MAY NOT PLAY AS WELL ON SATURDAYS. AND YOU LET US MAKE THAT DECISION. THAT'S WHY I DON'T READ THE NEWSPAPER! BECAUSE IT'S GARBAGE! AND THE EDITOR THAT LET IT COME OUT IS GARBAGE! ATTACKIN' AN AMATEUR ATHLETE FOR DOIN' EVERYTHING RIGHT. And then you wanna right articles about guys that don't do things right and you downgrade 'em, the ones that do make plays. Are you kidding me? Where are we at in society today? COME AFTER ME! I'M A MAN! I'M 40! I'M NOT A, I'M NOT A KID! Write sumthin' about me, or our coaches. Don't write about a kid that does everything right. That's heart's broken. And then say that the coaches said he was scared. THAT AIN'T TRUE! And then to say that we made that decision cause Donovan Woods? Cause he threatened to transfer? THAT'S NOT TRUE! SO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT! And I hope someday you have a child and somebody bedowngrades em and belittles em and you have to look em in the eye and say, 'You know what? It's okay. They're supposed to be mature adults, but they're really not.' Who's the kid here? Who's the kid here? Are you kidding me? That's all I got to say. This makes me wanna puke.

Enjoy. Boomer.

NormanPride
10/17/2007, 09:37 AM
Some things never get old. :D

Czar Soonerov
10/18/2007, 05:26 PM
http://soundboard.com/sb/Oklahoma_coach_rant_State.aspx