another says If ya eat this ya ruin ur Kidneys-liver- heart , I give up
hell Aint we All gonna DIE anyway ?
I used to eat all Natural foods
Then a dayum study ****ed me up. said 98 % percent of us
will DIE of Natural causes !
So Naturaly I said F it Ill just drink Natty and Die Naturaly :cool:

OUHOMER
9/23/2007, 07:52 AM
I hear ya. i have heard the same thing. Coffee bad one day,good the next.
eggs bad one day, good the next.

So i say screw it feed me, Bacon get into my BELLY

Mongo
9/23/2007, 08:22 AM
I hear ya. i have heard the same thing. Coffee bad one day,good the next.
eggs bad one day, good the next.

So i say screw it feed me, Bacon get into my BELLY

It is amazing what can kill a person. My great grandpa drank, smoked, dipped, ate bacon and eggs. etc. Lived to 103.

This is the same g-grandpa that called my dad over to ask him a question; "DO you know about the birds and the bees?"

My dad, with two sons at this time, said "yes grandpa, I think I know how every thing works"

G-grandpa, "Good, can you teach them to me again. Its been a long time and I forgot." :D

Okla-homey
9/23/2007, 08:31 AM
Moderation in all things and to thine own self be true.

More wisdom in the above statement than a whole library of self-help books AND Dr Phil thrown on for good measure.

OklaUalum
9/23/2007, 09:47 AM
They did a really good story about this very subject on NPR just last week. It was discussing the analytical process of these very issues, and why that process is being determined to be so flawed.

It's basically pure statistics.

For exampe, if you want to see if eating pasta makes you heart healthy. You then go get your 'survey group' of people and run a long term test. Let's say for discussion purposes only -your survey group of 1,000 people which by chance is composed of mainly white males and begin your long term study -"Does pasta make you live longer?" But, you look further into your survey group -they don't smoke. They tend to eat more healthy foods anyway. They get more excercise. They don't jerk off. Whatever.
Well, then, down the road, these people live to say 70 and then median age for the rest of the population is 62. Well. Lo and behold, your survey says that pasta makes you live longer.
The survey is skewed and flawed from the beginning. Your survey group is not random in other words. Your sample group is not random. The group needs to be equal. Needs to be diverse in ethnicity. Income -i.e. more wealthy people tend to get more excercise and eat better, etc.
If your survey group is diverse and random, then when you tabulate your results. Your findings are completely different. Turns out that eating pasta, for the group, makes no difference. The groups median life expectancy is still 62.
That is why you hear these commericals now days looking for volunteers for medical studies. The research study is looking for a diverse research group in which to base their long term clinical study.

I may not have described it all too well. But that's kind of the jist of it near as I got it.

bluedogok
9/23/2007, 11:10 AM
This just in....

Living can cause death.

Jerk
9/23/2007, 11:15 AM
I just ignore that crap and eat whatever I want to...Burgers, Chicken-fried steak, fries with lots of salt...

Hell, I'm 32 years old and I feel fin...oh...my chest is hurting real bad...*cough* *cough* Baby call EMSA!!!!!!

OCUDad
9/23/2007, 11:23 AM
I just ignore that crap and eat whatever I want to...Burgers, Chicken-fried steak, fries with lots of salt...And it's quite a fine set of man-boobs that diet has brought you. :D