PDA

View Full Version : i call BS on this story

OUHOMER
9/22/2007, 10:36 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news;_ylt=AixARCsCJtpfzUj6x1.Hg7scvrYF?slug=uwire-unrulyoufanscrashosugames&prov=uwire&type=lgns:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Soonerus
9/22/2007, 10:38 PM
random false ****...ignore.......

tommieharris91
9/22/2007, 10:39 PM
Note the source.

soonerhubs
9/22/2007, 10:40 PM
Shoot! I was wondering what happened to me the other weekend when I woke up beat up and in the ditch. ;) :D

Rhino
9/22/2007, 10:43 PM
Was that article written by a high school student? Sometimes I'm amazed at what collegiate editors allow to be printed in their papers. I've long suspected that OSU's journalism school was awful based on some people I know that have journalism degrees from there, but c'mon.

The same cannot be said for one OU fan, who on Aug. 24 allegedly ripped open another man's scrotum in a bar because the man was a Texas football fan, according to http://newsOK.com. The Texas fan had to have 60 stitches to repair the damage. That is the worst citing I've ever seen for a web address.

===

I hope that "OU fan" comes forward and sues the crap out of the guys that "got the crap beat out of him, not just in the garage but in the driveway and then in the street."

schlanker
9/22/2007, 11:01 PM
There is a lot of trash around the state that pick the sooners as their team. Most of them are not students or alums of any school let alone Oklahoma. I guess that is the one good thing about the $60+ face value on the tixs. It places them out of the mkt so we dont have to see them on gameday.

Widescreen
9/22/2007, 11:08 PM
There is a lot of trash around the state that pick the sooners as their team. Most of them are not students or alums of any school let alone Oklahoma. I guess that is the one good thing about the $60+ face value on the tixs. It places them out of the mkt so we dont have to see them on gameday.
You're still here, huh? Shouldn't you be somewhere defending Jimmy Clausen?

sooneron
9/22/2007, 11:14 PM
Why the **** would yahoo decide to pick this little bull**** story up?

Crucifax Autumn
9/23/2007, 12:45 AM
Because Yahoo is as full of **** as most other news/sprts news sites.

mhackl
9/23/2007, 12:50 AM
HOMER HIT PIECE

I can't believe that any semi-reputable wire service would pick up a story from a school paper much less one from the same propaganda factory that created "The Worlds Most Powerful Offense".

CORNholio
9/23/2007, 01:27 AM
How is this even news. Cmon. Some drunk young guy probably grew up in Stoolwater and despises the agglets, rightly so. Gets drunk and picks a fight. This happens 100xs every week.

CORNholio
9/23/2007, 01:30 AM
Why is this a big deal? Drunk+heated opinions+young and dumb=fight everytime.

Readyfor8
9/23/2007, 01:30 AM
Was that article written by a high school student? Sometimes I'm amazed at what collegiate editors allow to be printed in their papers. I've long suspected that OSU's journalism school was awful based on some people I know that have journalism degrees from there, but c'mon.

The same cannot be said for one OU fan, who on Aug. 24 allegedly ripped open another man's scrotum in a bar because the man was a Texas football fan, according to http://newsOK.com. The Texas fan had to have 60 stitches to repair the damage.

That is the worst citing I've ever seen for a web address.

===

I hope that "OU fan" comes forward and sues the crap out of the guys that "got the crap beat out of him, not just in the garage but in the driveway and then in the street."

That quote is obviously fake, no Texan has a scrotum big enough to hold 60 stitches.

Crucifax Autumn
9/23/2007, 01:47 AM
Ha!

TheHumanAlphabet
9/23/2007, 07:06 AM
Note the source.
Bingo...

Not known for journalistic integrity...Notice it doesn't seem to have been picked up elsewhere. Hack story...

OklaUalum
9/23/2007, 09:02 AM
All schools have their bad apples, let's amdit it. Hell, I saw a guy in a parking lot here in Norman just last night. He was wearing TEXAS burnt orange. I think he was attired in it only because the store he went to was out of Crips and Bloods attire.

If there are OU 'fans' who want to do what is being alledged. Let them go get the **** beat out of them. They'll either wise up real quick, or get their brains beat out of them and become OS-who fans.

FirstandGoal
9/23/2007, 12:43 PM
I fail to see how it is a reflection of me personally or the University I am an alumni of and have supported and loved my entire life just because some idiot was able to enter a store and purchase attire with an OU logo on it. Until they start making the OU clothing a controlled substance where you have to prove that you have both the intelligence and the moral fiber to wear it, articles like this just make me laugh.

Leroy Lizard
9/23/2007, 12:55 PM
Jessie Loeffler, a first year MBA student at OSU and former OU student, said OU fans, in general, are serious about their football.

"I do believe, however, that they are notorious for being poor sports," she said.

Uhhhhh, Jessie. If you are an MBA student, you might want to keep your opinions to yourself about the most prominent university in the state.

Leroy Lizard
9/23/2007, 01:02 PM
Hufnagel said some OU bandwagon fans come into the wrong town, though.

"Sometimes I can't tell if they're stupid, or just color blind to what color shirt they're wearing," he said.

It is amazing how inconsistent the article is. At first, the complaint is that OU fans pick out OSU fans for ill treatment. Then they follow it up with quotes from Cowboy fans about how anyone wearing an OU shirt in their town deserves ill treatment.

"Their fans are a bunch of violent thugs with no respect for fans of opposing teams! So when we see fans of that team in our team, we beat the crap out of them!"

Does that pretty much summarize the article?

Dan Thompson
9/23/2007, 01:06 PM
Well I guess I'm in trouble

I am not a student, thought I have been in the bookstore.
I am not an alumni, thought I have been to one game, inside the practice field, inside Switzer(sp) center, and inside the empty stadium.

I don't live in Oklahoma, but go thru there on the way to St. Louis.

mhackl
9/23/2007, 01:16 PM
I decided that Yahoo deserved to know what I thought about their propaganda wire.

Used the link below:
How do I report errors to Yahoo! Sports? (http://add.yahoo.com/fast/help/sports/cgi_feedback?subject=bugs)

UTisLousy
9/23/2007, 07:46 PM
The story supports the assumption that the abuse of alcohol paired with aggressive fighting tactics never seem to produce the desired results. The OU fan, in normal circumstances would have easily halted the forward progress of the wicked OSU gang of hoodlums, described as having very feminine cheek bones with large openings in their pelvis, had he not been overly consuming alcohol at the time.

The above victimization resembles a certain disturbance that occured in the Summer of 07. A lowly Texas fan (aka Fairweather Fan) strolls into a fine well respected establishment in Oklahoma (Bible Belt) brimming full with glorious Oklahoma Sooner Football Fans, looking to incite what he admittedly called a "tussle". We all understand why the diversion in strategy occurred. Alcohol was the cause. We all know the Oklahoma Sooner Football Fan (the smarter and stronger of the two) would have normally employed the Chuck Norris Super Roundhouse Kick to the Soloplex (X, Triangle, Triangle, O "Playstation") in this situation, but due to the considerable amount of alcohol consumed by this trained fighting machine he begrudgingly, due to his diminishing motor skills, chose to opt out of the maneuver. He instead, selected the less desirable "bearclaw hook and tug to the nether region" (Trademark, UTisLOUSY) to terminate the progress of the accused wrongdoer. Unfortunately, in this case our hero had nothing to "tug" onto at the split second of execution. What our hero did not know, due to extreme alcohol consumption, was that the species he had engaged did not have the proper appendage neccessary to cause extreme damage, which nullified our hero's attempt to neutralize the situation.

If completely coherent, the faster and more powerful Oklahoma Sooner Football Fan chooses the correct maneuver, then dispatches the threat with lightning quick precision, while displaying a sort of dominance not rivaled by any, but not limited to, all other living and breathing and some deceased Oklahoma Sooner Football Fans. The point we all must learn from this is that you must not attempt to participate in hand to hand combat under the influence of alcohol. Scientifically, you cannot attain the proper focus to inflict maximum damage on your opponent in a "good way".

Jacie
9/23/2007, 08:39 PM
I routinely put on my Sooner gear and drive through Stillwater yelling abusive things at women pushing strollers, old people with walkers and kids on bicycles. Kinda childish, I know. *sigh*

47straight
9/23/2007, 10:44 PM
I love that evidence of behavior is given by quoting something you allegedly heard a fan say on the radio. Clearly this is a reliable indicator.

SoonerTerry
9/23/2007, 11:25 PM

Holy ****, you've opened my eyes.. you see I didn't go to OU..(****ty grades in HS and the best broke parents that have ever lived)

I feel like such a ****ing IDIOT....I didn't know you had to be an alum to be a fan.. I must be riding the ****ing short buss since I don't have degree from a major university... Stupid ****ing me.. went to a tech school got a job.. damn now I can't be a fan of OU.

God damn I am ****ing sick of hearing **** like this.

You wanna know why I'm a fan of OU, because some of my first memories of life are with my Grandad watching OU play, and every time I see him we talk about OU football.

I've been a fan my whole life and have never even been close to ripin someone's scrote for being a texas fan.

And **** you I can afford damn near any ticket to any OU game I want to go to.

And by the way I know there are morons out there that call themselves OU fans, just don't lump them together with the rest of us that didn't go to OU, but are good people and good supporting fans.

Crucifax Autumn
9/24/2007, 12:50 AM
Good points. I don't know why some of us would be rejected as fans even though we had parents that went to OU, watched them from birth, loved OU football from our earliest days, supported the team all our lives, wore our colors walking through the UT campus, in Stillwater, in college station, later in NY, and now in Vegas.

I'm as big an OU fan as anyone in the world, never ripped anyone's balls off, and have always been there cheering even in bad seasons. All without having the convenience to go to OU due to financial, geographic, and career reasons.

schlanker
9/24/2007, 01:41 PM
Nowhere in my post did I say that you had to go to OU to be a fan. I used the word MOST. I am just attacking trash. No one on this board can be pro trash. This argument comes up on the board once every few months. TX has their trashy fans as well as most of the SEC. If someone is a POS but wears sooner stuff it doesnt excuse them from being a POS. That is all I am saying.