PDA

View Full Version : I think I am being totally objective here...

Soonerus
9/22/2007, 08:41 PM
...OU should be ranked #1 now.....

JohnnyMack
9/22/2007, 08:48 PM
SC is ****-kicking WSU right now.

You're wrong.

They'd beat us by 14+.

Soonerus
9/22/2007, 08:55 PM
SC is ****-kicking WSU right now.

You're wrong.

They'd beat us by 14+.

You missed something, I said I was being totally objective, that takes into account Wazzou's a totally lame team...

OKC-SLC
9/22/2007, 08:55 PM
i'm actually going to agree with rus on this one.

-How hard is it to win big in Lincoln? Ask Ball State--they got around 700 yards of offense there today. But USC got the cover of SI for beating them there, and Jesus himself has returned in the form of Pete Carroll.

-I'm not sure OU wouldn't azzrape WSU at home at night just like SC is doing.

-LSU looked good against VT, but I honestly think VT is not very good.

-LSU looked about like we would against SCarolina today.

-The Miami win is going to be viewed as a better and better win as the season goes on. The LSU vs. VT and USC vs. NU wins are going to look less and less impressive as the year goes on.

There, I've said it. I agree with rus. I'm going to go sacrifice a small calf to atone.

;)

Soonerus
9/22/2007, 08:57 PM
i'm actually going to agree with rus on this one.

-How hard is it to win big in Lincoln? Ask Ball State--they got around 700 yards of offense there today. But USC got the cover of SI for beating them there, and Jesus himself has returned in the form of Pete Carroll.

-I'm not sure OU wouldn't azzrape WSU at home at night just like SC is doing.

-LSU looked good against VT, but I honestly think VT is not very good.

-LSU looked about like we would against SCarolina today.

-The Miami win is going to be viewed as a better and better win as the season goes on. The LSU vs. VT and USC vs. NU wins are going to look less and less impressive as the year goes on.

There, I've said it. I agree with rus. I'm going to go sacrifice a small calf to atone.

;)

Very well reasoned and very astute...

tommieharris91
9/22/2007, 10:52 PM
We'll get ranked #3 this week, unless the typical bias shows up. We should be #2, with LSU #1. USC is overrated, and I hope they get royally exposed @Washington next week.

The polls should look something like this:

LSU
OU
USC
WVU
Fla

Soonerus
9/22/2007, 10:58 PM
We'll get ranked #3 this week, unless the typical bias shows up. We should be #2, with LSU #1. USC is overrated, and I hope they get royally exposed @Washington next week.

The polls should look something like this:

LSU
OU
USC
WVU
Fla

agree...

StuIsTheMan
9/22/2007, 11:01 PM

;)

dude you can agree with him all ya want...just not out loud. His head is swelling...yes that on too rus:D

Soonerus
9/22/2007, 11:06 PM
dude you can agree with him all ya want...just not out loud. His head is swelling...yes that on too rus:D

Easy STU I can survive praise as well as grief...no problem...

yermom
9/22/2007, 11:26 PM
why would WV be above Florida?

tommieharris91
9/22/2007, 11:39 PM
why would WV be about Florida?

Look at their numbers and who both teams have played. Having a lowly team like Ole Miss give you all you can handle hurts the Gators.

Also, West Virginia has put up points and blown teams out so far this season, although against competition about on par with ours (maybe worse). They have one of the fastest teams in the country. I don't think they go undefeated, though.

sooneron
9/22/2007, 11:39 PM
I reserve judgment until AFTER I see us play a well-rounded team on both sides of the ball.

Crucifax Autumn
9/23/2007, 12:25 AM
If we're below third, I'm gonna go ballistic.

We probably oughtta have a perfect 3 way tie at this point between OU,SUC, and Lester's molestors. PErhaps 2 way with SUC since the molestors showed a few weaknesses today against an inferior team.

AzianSooner
9/23/2007, 12:30 AM
at this point, I think OU is clearly #3.

mhackl
9/23/2007, 12:34 AM
Mark May just said, on College Gameday Final, that he ranks the top three as follows:
#1 USC
#2 Oklahoma
#3 LSU.

goingoneight
9/23/2007, 12:34 AM
We're looking hot right now... but I'm riding it out. #1 doesn't matter until season's end. What I'm concerned with is winning games. With OUr schedule being uncharacteristically weak this year... a single loss to a quality opponent could drop us out of the top 5.

When December rolls around, if we cap the 12-0 in San Antonio... that's when I'll be concerned with where we're ranked. For now... we have a lot to improve on and have a few injures to shake off/deal with.

goingoneight
9/23/2007, 12:37 AM
Mark May just said, on College Gameday Final, that he ranks the top three as follows:
#1 USC
#2 Oklahoma
#3 LSU.

Mark May talks out his ***. He said Miami and TU would beat us prior to both of those games. He'll say something good like that, then a few days later he'll destroy his credibility by saying something like "Oklahoma is overrated" or "A one to three-loss SEC team would fare better than an undefeated BIG 12 team."

mhackl
9/23/2007, 12:39 AM
I don't mean to put the cart before the horse, but if we ended up going to the National Championship game this year I'd rather be number two going into it.

I much prefer the roll of challenger/spoiler.

Boomer.....
9/23/2007, 01:08 AM
If there were no preseason polls, it would be very hard to not rank us #1. We are the most balanced of the top teams.

They say we haven't proven ourselves, but the media hyped Miami and Tulsa as good teams. Yet after we beat them badly, they are just okay. It almost seems like if we only won by a touchdown or two, we would get more respect.

Crucifax Autumn
9/23/2007, 01:15 AM
To hell with the media...If we keep romping on people and scoring 60+ a game while the others start knocking each other off we'll make it to the top 2 soon enough. What's more, lots of good stats will add up to some computer love as we've seen in the past, both to our detriment and our reward.

I'd also like to see as many of our opponents win craploads of games as possible, also to gain computer love. We'll be there in the end based on what I'm seeing right now, but the key is to keep winning, preferably by a large margin.

utex74
9/23/2007, 01:20 AM
...OU should be ranked #1 now.....

I think you can put USC, LSU and OU in a hat and just pick one. I would have included Florida but they struggled with an average Ol' Miss team today. There is a huge drop-off after the top three and the rest of the top 25.

That said, I don't think any of you go undefeated so the final poll will depend on who you lose to and when you lose.

goingoneight
9/23/2007, 01:28 AM
Every team in college football this year looks like a college football team again. No "greatest team evar" bullshat. That was getting annoying. Especially when I heard someone call Florida the greatest team ever in 2006 on ESPN. Hello Auburn!!!

Most of the powers will pull it together soon and all will be interesting again. USC, LSU and OU all look very human right now, but are a cut above the rest in terms of their performance so far.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/23/2007, 01:36 AM
See the thread about ESPN message boards giving OU no respect."Wow, people really hate us"(we would maybe be ranked #1 if we didn't fall apart in '04 and against Boise last year)

poke4christ
9/23/2007, 02:56 AM
I don't think that OU should be #1, but they are a solid #2. USC hasn't shown near enough to be #1, and it was total BS that Florida went above OU this week. Just because they won the NC last year.

The sad thing is, if USC, LSU, and OU all go undefeated, OU will probably be the odd man out. This is why polls shouldn't start till October. OU should be #2 right now and Bradford should be a solid heisman contender. I seriously can't see anybody in the Big12 beating OU this year (I was thinking that before the season started, just didn't know if you'd find a QB. Guess that happened). I think it's gonna be a good year to be a sooner (...and probably a not so good one to be a cowboy, but we got the win :)).

olevetonahill
9/23/2007, 03:56 AM
I think you can put USC, LSU and OU in a hat and just pick one. I would have included Florida but they struggled with an average Ol' Miss team today. There is a huge drop-off after the top three and the rest of the top 25.

That said, I don't think any of you go undefeated so the final poll will depend on who you lose to and when you lose.
Dude ya was gettin so close to some green spek fromme then Ya had to go an :texan: it up .
Please Pick the Team that we will Lose to . My spek hammer awaits your decision :pop:

olevetonahill
9/23/2007, 03:58 AM
Yall dont Mind If I just enjoy what we have here and Wait on the Poles that count do ya ?
Didnt think so
:cool:

AlbqSooner
9/23/2007, 07:58 AM
#1 USC
#2 Oklahoma
#3 LSU.
Mark May is also the guy who said being ranked #1 is like being heavyweight champion. Unless you lose you keep it. However, he doesn't have Florida, the defending NC ranked #1. His credibility is sporadic at best.

The Maestro
9/23/2007, 09:25 AM
I watched the entire LSU game and I will say their defense is stout, but the offense is not great by any means. We would be able to keep them fairly low in scoring...the question would be our offense against their defense. I just really like that we have so many weapons. Not sure any defense could stop us for an entire game.

CtheB
9/23/2007, 09:28 AM
It's still early, and there are still a lot of tests left, and you don't win championships in September. We'll have our chance to show what we can do against a name team in two weeks.

That being said, LSU really really needs to be concerned about their trip to Kentucky.