PDA

View Full Version : Nevada Revokes XStacy

Rogue
9/22/2007, 04:53 PM
What's the sin capital coming to when you can gamble with legal hookers, but not this??? (http://www.lvrj.com/news/8825147.html)

CARSON CITY -- You could say that Stacy Moore is anything but ecstatic these days.

The Department of Motor Vehicles recently informed the native Nevadan that the personalized license plate she has proudly displayed on her vehicles for 20 years -- XSTACY -- must be surrendered to the agency.

The decision came after a single unidentified motorist complained, apparently out of a belief that the plate was making a reference to the designer drug Ecstasy.

Moore, 41, said nothing could be further from the truth, and she is seeking legal help to challenge the decision.

...."I was in college and cute and XSTACY was a play on my name," she said. "I wanted some attention."

Now, even though she is no longer seeking attention and drives a silver Chevrolet TrailBlazer instead of her 1970s Camaro, Moore still wants her plate.

At an administrative hearing earlier this month appealing the decision to pull the plate, Moore said she read definitions of the word ecstasy from a 1988 dictionary. They included a state of being and another referring to spirituality toward God.

First amendment issue...invoking God...talk about making a mountain out of a molehill. She IS kinda hawt in a MIL_ sort of way.

1stTimeCaller
9/22/2007, 05:16 PM
it's amazing what one Baptist can do, anonomously.

Jerk
9/22/2007, 05:48 PM
There is a woman in Oklahoma with a license plate similar to that. I saw her on highway 75 between Barfellsville and Tulsa back in '03

tulsaoilerfan
9/22/2007, 07:58 PM
We would all hit it. :)