PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR about Tulsa's uniforms

TopDaugIn2000
9/22/2007, 11:37 AM
one of the guys at my watch party last night said he HEARD that TBoone bought Tulsa's new uniforms for the game "because he hates OU so much". anyone hear this? SURELY it's a rumor, probably started by a boycow, but who knows.

If he did buy them, he shouldn't have skimped on the chin straps, we counted at least 4 helmets that came off during the game!!!!

oh, and would they do SOMETHING about that freakin goal line!!!!????!!!!????!!!!

Okla-homey
9/22/2007, 12:50 PM
one of the guys at my watch party last night said he HEARD that TBoone bought Tulsa's new uniforms for the game "because he hates OU so much". anyone hear this? SURELY it's a rumor, probably started by a boycow, but who knows.

If he did buy them, he shouldn't have skimped on the chin straps, we counted at least 4 helmets that came off during the game!!!!

oh, and would they do SOMETHING about that freakin goal line!!!!????!!!!????!!!!

false. Same unis as last week vs. the Mormons.

IMHO, T. Boone's biggest goof was letting Kragthorpe get out of Oklahoma.

EstablishedSooner1967
9/22/2007, 12:54 PM
Let me tell you I was at the game and that goal line was so bad! Could not see or tell anything....
Tulsa.... get it together!

bluedogok
9/22/2007, 12:57 PM
They are the uniforms that Nike provides, which is who TU has a contract with. The little pension robber has absolutely nothing to do with them.

TexasEx4OU
9/22/2007, 12:58 PM
Let me tell you I was at the game and that goal line was so bad! Could not see or tell anything....

IMO, it contributed to the hit that Chris Brown took at the goal line. On TV, you could tell that Brown thought he was already in and let up. Had he kept going, he wouldn't have taken that hit.

Also, on his first TD, Allen Patrick started high stepping at the four...he also thought he was already in.

DenverSooner751
9/22/2007, 01:04 PM
IMO, it contributed to the hit that Chris Brown took at the goal line. On TV, you could tell that Brown that he was already in and let up. Had he kept going, he wouldn't have taken that hit.

Also, on his first TD, Allen Patrick started high stepping at the four...he also thought he was already in.

It is a very dangerous thing, but I bet the TU folks love it, gives them a slight advantage in goal line situations, but the only way that is going to be effective would be to have a ****ing defense......at ALL.

I think the dangers out way that SLIGHT advantage. Sure would be a shame for somebody to be devastated by an injury because of the thing.

sooneron
9/22/2007, 01:07 PM
They should be forced to paint highly visible goal lines on their field just like everyone else.

DenverSooner751
9/22/2007, 01:14 PM
They should be forced to paint highly visible goal lines on their field just like everyone else.

Agreed.

I thought there was some sort of regulation regarding that stuff, but then again, Taco Bell U has blue turf.

sooneron
9/22/2007, 01:16 PM
Agreed.

I thought there was some sort of regulation regarding that stuff, but then again, Taco Bell U has blue turf.
It's pretty ridiculous. What if you really need to be able to see the GL on instant replay? It's bound to happen at some point and I hope it bites them on the arse.

DenverSooner751
9/22/2007, 01:21 PM
It's pretty ridiculous. What if you really need to be able to see the GL on instant replay? It's bound to happen at some point and I hope it bites them on the arse.

I was thinking about that too! However SLIGHT the advantage you may have from people not being able to see it, how would they feel if it was the game winning points that get rejected on a challenge because of "inconclusive" video evidence.

But then again, they had a former TU football player as the replay official.

Oops.

mhackl
9/22/2007, 01:35 PM
I noticed this at the Jenks / Union game. From the other side of the field the five yard line looks like the goal line.

LSUdeek
9/22/2007, 01:45 PM

IMHO, T. Boone's biggest goof was letting Kragthorpe get out of Oklahoma.

Syracuse 31
Louisville 14
4th qtr

TopDaugIn2000
9/22/2007, 02:05 PM

that's what I figured, just wondered if anyone else had heard this.

Flagstaffsooner
9/22/2007, 02:10 PM
Wonder if T Booger will pitch in for Callahan's Pampers?

Rocker
9/22/2007, 02:17 PM

You didn't say one word about that last night I was the one who pointed it out to you.
BTW Tulsa doesn't need to get anything together.
You need to get together like asking me if Ron's Hamburgers are any good at the game last night.

freshchris05
9/22/2007, 09:44 PM
Syracuse 31
Louisville 14
4th qtr

True...

But...

Kragthorpe > Gundy

StoopTroup
9/22/2007, 09:57 PM
You didn't say one word about that last night I was the one who pointed it out to you.
BTW Tulsa doesn't need to get anything together.
You need to get together like asking me if Ron's Hamburgers are any good at the game last night.
You've got to be kidding right?

Tulsa University ran out of food before halftime....

Ron's was out of burgers too....

They do need to get it together....

As far as the goal line...

I don't think the players had any trouble with it...

If you were in the stands...it wasn't that bad....

If you were watching on TV...

It looks pretty bad to me....

Here is a YouTube clip of ESPN's highlights of the game...

OU v. TU 2007 ESPN Game Highlights (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dG5cch10-JM)

Oh yeah....

ESPN needs to get it together too....

:pop:

crimson&cream
9/23/2007, 12:35 AM
There is an NCAA reg on painted lines and goal line. as I read it on one of these site, but I don't remember the content except it' seems TU is in violation.