PDA

View Full Version : Paul Smith

The_Red_Patriot
9/22/2007, 10:23 AM
Is amazing. The guy can move around in and out of the pocket and his arm is impressive.

Alot of teams missed out on this kid.

OUDoc
9/22/2007, 10:24 AM
He's a stud athlete. Good luck to him.

yermom
9/22/2007, 10:25 AM
i hope he wins the rest of his games

he did look pretty good last night

soonerloyal
9/22/2007, 10:39 AM
The announcers at the game said Smith originally wanted to play for OU, and said something about Stoops not being able to offer scholarships to every good player. They continued by saying Smith's feelings were a little hurt becuase he didn't get an offer from OU; then said that Smith had an opportunity to hurt Sooner feelings in this game.

Announcers are such lame dumbsharts.

Smith is impressive, and he played very well. You could tell Tulsa was just worn out by the end of the game, though. If they'd had more replacements to send in, I have a feeling our boys would have been pretty tired too (Something we are going to have to prepare for in the rest of our games - other teams will have the subs).

I wish the Golden Hurricane V's in all the rest of their games this season.

CincySooner
9/22/2007, 10:42 AM
What I heard the announcers say was he was looking forward to an offer from Penn St. due to his performance at their camps, but was dissappointed he didnt get an offer from them.

I didn't hear the announcers say much about OU.... even during the actual game.

Jacie
9/22/2007, 10:48 AM
The Penn State reference was after the OU one. They mentioned him being at OU's camp and later on Penn State's.

zeke
9/22/2007, 10:48 AM
Paul Smith is very good. I believe I heard them say last night that his GPA was 3.8 or something. So he is smart to boot!

Great Athlete

Great Student

Great Young Man

Great Oklahoman!

Best of Luck to the Tulsa Hurricane

soonerloyal
9/22/2007, 10:52 AM
Yup, I just listened/watched it again, and the announcer said specifically Stoops.

Edited to read: Aw, crap - this was my 500th post? Will some mod please take pity on me and delete it?

SoonerBOI
9/22/2007, 10:54 AM
Good Luck to PS.

Partial Qualifier
9/22/2007, 10:56 AM
Indeed he's a very scrappy QB; do you think his size has something to do with big programs not offering him a scholly? He had to have been a small kid coming out of H.S.

soonerloyal
9/22/2007, 11:07 AM
You'd think though, that after seeing how shortsighted it is to overlook smaller players (see: QDawg), teams would in general know better.

Texas Golfer
9/22/2007, 11:10 AM
Paul Smith is a great QB. I wish him and Tulsa the best of luck for the rest of their season. I'd like to see them go 11-1 and hit a major bowl.

Widescreen
9/22/2007, 11:13 AM
In an article this week, Gumby told Paul's dad that Paul was simply too small and would get killed in the Big XII and that's why OSU didn't offer a scholarship. For the record, it seems that Paul's dad agreed at the time. Maybe if Gumby would've taken a chance, they wouldn't be in the QB mess they're in right now.

GottaHavePride
9/22/2007, 11:32 AM
Yup, I just listened/watched it again, and the announcer said specifically Stoops.

Edited to read: Aw, crap - this was my 500th post? Will some mod please take pity on me and delete it?

Milestone posts are overrated. ;)

My 20,000th was idiotic.

Boomer.....
9/22/2007, 11:36 AM
Very good qb. His ability and accuracy to throw across his body was amazing.

Flagstaffsooner
9/22/2007, 12:13 PM
In an article this week, Gumby told Paul's dad that Paul was simply too small and would get killed in the Big XII and that's why OSU didn't offer a scholarship. For the record, it seems that Paul's dad agreed at the time. Maybe if Gumby would've taken a chance, they wouldn't be in the QB mess they're in right now.Lucky Paul.

trey
9/22/2007, 12:59 PM
much respect to paul. i love to see a guy with a great arm just let it fly. he throws the ball on the run about as good as anyone i've seen.