PDA

View Full Version : Wow, people REALLY hate us!

The_Red_Patriot
9/22/2007, 10:06 AM
Just scanned through the ESPN message boards and my god. Look through the first 5 pages of threads and its all mostly trash talk on Oklahoma.

I love it though.

We don't want respect.

SleestakSooner
9/22/2007, 10:15 AM
No one would talk about OU if we weren't legit. Fear is a form of respect. ;)

Scott D
9/22/2007, 10:32 AM
your first mistake was going to an ESPN message board. The collective IQ there is lower than Notre Dame's rushing totals for the year.

aero
9/22/2007, 11:04 AM
Its hilarious that a few years back when OUr SOS was one of the best and that helped us into the title game, there were tons of asshats complaining saying SOS should be taken out of the equation, which it was. Now they bitch because its not there. Funny how the cream rises to the top no matter.

Turd_Ferguson
9/22/2007, 11:11 AM
your first mistake was going to an ESPN message board. The collective IQ there is lower than Notre Dame's rushing totals for the year.
Heh...

PoultryGrower - Did OU ran up the score? or did Tulas just gaved up in the 4th quarter?

StoopTroup
9/22/2007, 11:20 AM
I'd trade respect for a MNC Trophy any day...

birddog
9/22/2007, 11:25 AM
Heh...
they didn't gaved up. ask rus, their backup qb had the nerve to throw deep with seconds left in the game.

stoopified
9/22/2007, 12:45 PM
Poultry Grower?Is that another name for chicken farmer?Soundsa like a T.Boonie to me or HawgU.

Veritas
9/22/2007, 01:15 PM
Wow, people REALLY hate us!
Yeah, well **** them. Thank God for OU or I wouldn't have a decent team to follow.

I wish Stoops could be cloned.

critical_phil
9/22/2007, 01:22 PM
Yeah, well **** them. Thank God for OU or I wouldn't have a decent team to follow.

the transformation is nearly complete.

The_Red_Patriot
9/22/2007, 01:47 PM
Heh...

hahaha

Didnt know Ralph Wiggum posted on the ESPN boards

IT TASTES LIKE BURNING

http://animatedtv.about.com/library/graphics/ralphnose.jpg

Jewstin
9/22/2007, 01:50 PM
Oh, man... the ESPN message boards are awful. I used to be stupid enough to actually post there -- complete waste of time. Most degenerate idiots on the planet.

SoonerBOI
9/22/2007, 02:22 PM
here's from orangepowerless.com.:D

Re: Tulsa vs OU

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tulsa has been jobbed by the refs, but that said, they proved Doh U's D wasn't Top 3. That's just the result of playing cupcakes.

Make sure everything you say lines up with 3rdGenerationOSU by God...

Rhino
9/22/2007, 03:01 PM
Posters on ESPN messageboards are dumber than posters on Rivals messageboards.

stonecoldsoonerfan
9/22/2007, 08:25 PM
Posters on ESPN messageboards are dumber than posters on Rivals messageboards.

boy, you play dirty, don't you? ;) :D

OKC-SLC
9/22/2007, 08:36 PM
the transformation is nearly complete.
We're beaming with pride.

Like watching your son or daughter graduate from medical school.

CORNholio
9/22/2007, 08:46 PM
No one would talk about OU if we weren't legit. Fear is a form of respect. ;)

It is still lingering effects of the debacle against SuC which was set up by the meltdown the previous year.
Until we go out and beat a USC/LSU for a title the haters will give no respect and pounce on any weakness they percieve. The rep is still tarnished even if the team isn't.

CORNholio
9/22/2007, 08:48 PM
We are viewed as a paper tiger by a big portion of the country.

iknowyoudidnt
9/22/2007, 09:31 PM

I wish Stoops could be cloned.
I'm sorry this is completely off-topic, I'm 6 Guinness deep... There's been some discussion, and we feel this would make more sense:

chown -R us /home/*/base

/passes out

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
9/22/2007, 11:00 PM
It is still lingering effects of the debacle against SuC which was set up by the meltdown the previous year.
Until we go out and beat a USC/LSU for a title the haters will give no respect and pounce on any weakness they percieve. The rep is still tarnished even if the team isn't.Our brain-dead-for-nearly-three-quarters game against Boise State didn't help our image much, either.

hink4769
9/22/2007, 11:21 PM
Until we go out and beat a USC/LSU for a title the haters will give no respect and pounce on any weakness they percieve. The rep is still tarnished even if the team isn't.
i agree completley. when was the last time we beat an elite top-5 level team that wasn't wearing burnt orange? i don't think beating texas this year will garner the team much respect either since they seem to be reverted back to their pre-VY days of chronic underachievement.

jwlynn64
9/22/2007, 11:26 PM
Our brain-dead-for-nearly-three-quarters game against Boise State didn't help our image much, either.

Right on target. We were obviously the better team and we lost because we were out coached. Until Bob start winning the big games again, the rest of the country will not show us any respect.

Crucifax Autumn
9/23/2007, 01:55 AM
They can all kiss my ***...This is a different season with different players.