PDA

View Full Version : I really like Madu

Widescreen
9/21/2007, 11:49 PM
Guy is fast and shifty. He looks like one of those guys that could take it the distance every play.

birddog
9/21/2007, 11:52 PM
i was just telling my pops that. i hadn't seen too much of him until tonight and there's no doubt he will do some damage for us in the future.

it looks like it's going to be a really good 3-4 years for the sooners.

King Crimson
9/21/2007, 11:55 PM
reminds me of Jerod Estus. still don't see why we don't line up in the I and run our O with AD hurt in the 05 RRS. Estus can't block, we all know that, but pitch him the ball out of the I. we were not that far out of that game until we give up the long 3rd and a billion compeletion....which i called out loud. "they are gonna take a shot here....right before the half".

insuranceman_22
9/21/2007, 11:55 PM
i was just telling my pops that. i hadn't seen too much of him until tonight and there's no doubt he will do some damage for us in the future.

it looks like it's going to be a really good 3-4 years for the sooners.

While I agree with you, I think we look really good right now. Solid team. I thought Tulsa would put some points on the board, I was just worried they bomb over the top of us several times tonight. They connected on a few, but we're not letting people behind us as much as in the past.....and that's a good trend!

birddog
9/21/2007, 11:59 PM
well sure we look good now. i'm just thinking of what murray, brown, madu with nichol, bradford, and landry jones will look like in a few years.:eek:

our team is still really young in a lot of positions.

Widescreen
9/22/2007, 12:00 AM
Can you imagine what it would be like in the 4th quarter for Tulsa's defense? They're exhausted and in comes this guy that's fresh and can run circles around them.

Soonerus
9/22/2007, 12:00 AM
I really like DeMarco....he could win a Heisman...

Widescreen
9/22/2007, 12:01 AM
I really like DeMarco....he could win a Heisman...
This thread is about Madu. Go start your 50th thread of the day - this time you can start one about Demarco. TIA.

The Maestro
9/22/2007, 12:07 AM
Chris Brown vs. Jacob Gute for fourth spot.

I'm just sayin'....

StoopTroup
9/22/2007, 12:10 AM
Chris really got his bell rang....:eek:

soonerloyal
9/22/2007, 12:26 AM
Mossis, aka Junior, is a really great young man. He's a terrific player too, and I'm glad he's a Sooner. Before he beefed up, he was also an AWESOME blader. He, my middle son & friends waxed up I dunno how many curbs all over town. Wish I has some pics of that...

I hope Chica doesn't end up at OSU; I hope he follows his Bro and stays in Norman.

rhombic21
9/22/2007, 01:10 AM
I agree. I think he's got potential to be a really good player for us, and quite frankly, I wouldn't mind seeing him get some of Brown's carries. Nothing against Brown, who I think is a very solid back, but it looks to me like Madu is a little bit quicker, and has a little better balance. And from what I understand, he's a very good pass receiver.

goingoneight
9/22/2007, 01:59 AM
I can't understand for the life of me why Chris Brown plays over him. He seems like he would light it up with the first team OL. Much like Dallas's situation with Marion Baraber... it's nice to have an under-utilized guy who is really good to take over late in games and sometimes dominate.

swardboy
9/22/2007, 09:19 AM
Hey, old farts like me....doesn't this kinda remind you of the old wishbone days. A lot of backs, any one of which can take it to the house from anywhere on the field....no, they're not on the field at the same time, but it's exciting just the same!!!!

sooneron
9/22/2007, 09:23 AM
I pretty much think that all of our backs are even. CB had a nice game going. His only issue is holding onto the ball. Each one of these guys has their strengths. AP- power, DM- moves/speed, CB- some power with speed, Madu - shifty.

But, this thread is about Mossis. I think his one issue is shedding that first guy. He can make him miss, but he has trouble once the guy has more than one arm on him. The same could sorta be said about DM.

critical_phil
9/22/2007, 09:26 AM
i think Madu will make an excellent DB when they move him over.

soonerloyal
9/22/2007, 09:47 AM
But, this thread is about Mossis. I think his one issue is shedding that first guy. He can make him miss, but he has trouble once the guy has more than one arm on him. The same could sorta be said about DM.

I think that's more because he's young, and needs more playing time. Schmitty has really trained him well since he's come out of NHS, and I foresee Mossis learning and getting more elusive as the season progresses.

RedGiant
9/22/2007, 10:55 AM
Madu looks like he runs with abandon, he runs flat out hard. It'll be a lot of fun watching this guy improve. OU is stinkin' stacked with running backs.