PDA

View Full Version : Complain about the ESPN2 commentators here

King Crimson
9/21/2007, 06:59 PM
nice suits guys, maybe you'll get picked up on an episode of Entourage....

Easting
9/21/2007, 07:53 PM
burnt puke orange shirt?

This guy is as bad as his wardrobe......really bad.

aurorasooner
9/21/2007, 07:59 PM
Herbstreit must've called in some markers at ESPN to get Spielman that color job. Spielman = Fu&^'in moron. Worst announcer ever. Send that cornball to get concessions and put Bob Davie on long distance.

sooneron
9/21/2007, 08:14 PM
Roll yer sleeves up when the jacket is off! Jackasses.

soonershane22
9/21/2007, 08:20 PM
I am so sick of hearing about Notre Dame during this game!!!!

SoonerSloan
9/21/2007, 08:22 PM
was anyone else annoyed by the last 15minutes of air time being devoted to notre dame?? especially since thats probably what half the halftime break will be about?

reddfoxx
9/21/2007, 08:24 PM
No wait, if Lou keeps pumping them up, they might actually SCORE this year!!!!!!

Landthief 1972
9/21/2007, 08:26 PM
McDonough's voice is better than any sleep aid. Jeez, what a dull voice.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

aurorasooner
9/21/2007, 08:27 PM
I thought ESPN was owned by ABC. Hell, the last thing an ABC owned company should be doing with the ND/MSU game which is in South Bend on NBC tomorrow against the ABC game is blowing ND. Geeez. Great marketing, morons.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2007, 08:29 PM
Great, lousy or somewhere between.

Notre Dame is a national story.

get over it people.

Veritas
9/21/2007, 08:32 PM
Great, lousy or somewhere between.

Britney Spears is a national story.

get over it people.
Fixed it up fer ya. :D

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2007, 08:34 PM
that too.

Crimson Blonde
9/21/2007, 08:41 PM
Not like it will matter, but I just sent ESPN an email telling them nobody watching an OU/TU game cares about ND, the worst team in the country.

It is kinda funny though, because when the game first started I said the two announcers looked like they should be in some Adam Sandler movie, or an SNL skit, and yep, they proved it....... We now know ND has "tons of talent", but we have no clue what the flag we got was for..... Great job guys!!:rolleyes:

Whet
9/21/2007, 08:42 PM
What is Mc Donough saying? Blah, blah, blah, snooze, blah....
Who was complaining about BB?

At least I can listen to BB on Sirius, rather than blah, blah, blah.

aurorasooner
9/21/2007, 08:49 PM
Grrrr Now they're blowing the SEC. Is this "sportscenter", or maybe "around the horn" or a football game? Worst game coverage ever. I'm gone to the SoonerSports network audio. Crap, now we're getting sloppy.

Jewstin
9/21/2007, 08:49 PM
NO ****. They are a bigger deal than ever because they're so horrendous ... I'm tired of listening to ****ing Bob Davie. I've had to mute the majority of the first half.

cs6000
9/21/2007, 08:50 PM
I don't think they are actually at the game, just watching it on a monitor in some studio.
They've talked about everything and everyone except the guys on the field.
yeesh.

Crimson Blonde
9/21/2007, 08:51 PM
I don't really watch games other than OU, so forgive me if this is a dumb question, but who the hell are these two idiots announcing this game???

Are we going to be told what any of the flags are? They're talking about crap that has nothing to do with this game, or either team!! :confused:

Horns 72
9/21/2007, 08:56 PM
Got to the ESPN website, go to the bottom of the page, click on Contact Us and make your complaint via email.
These guys are ridiculous.

OUDoc
9/21/2007, 08:57 PM
Not like it will matter, but I just sent ESPN an email telling them nobody watching an OU/TU game cares about ND, the worst team in the country.

I tried, but had some sort of mental breakdown from listening to both Bob Davie and Lou Holthz and never could send an email. They should really be ashamed for taking so much time away from a game to talk about how ****ty ND is. Really ****ed me off. :mad:

Horns 72
9/21/2007, 08:58 PM
They're obviously not watching the game they're supposed to be commentating. go to the ESPN website, go to the bottom of the page and click "Contact Us" and email your complaint. It's nuts that we're watching the OU game, yet listening to a bunch of drivel about Notre Dame.

KsSooner
9/21/2007, 08:59 PM
STFU about ND already!

Annoyed is putting it mildly. I am sick of hearing about them!

FtwTxSooner
9/21/2007, 09:02 PM
Its to the point I'm listening to Bob Barry over these bozo's

sooner n houston
9/21/2007, 09:05 PM
They are really ****ing me off!

soonerhubs
9/21/2007, 09:08 PM
Linky... Take it to their mail box friends. (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv)

Crimson Blonde
9/21/2007, 09:09 PM
I sent an email right after the whole ND half hour update...... Don't think it will matter though.

There towards the end of the half they were talking about anything and everything BUT the game they've been paid to work..... I wish there wasn't a radio delay.....

Soonerus
...I am absolutely sick of this...

soonerhubs
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2007, 09:10 PM
i think another thread needs to be started about it. that will do it.

guzziguy
9/21/2007, 09:10 PM
Linky... Take it to their mail box friends. (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=contact/espntv)

Already posted mine.

ND and the announcing team suck.

soonerhubs
9/21/2007, 09:11 PM
i think another thread needs to be started about it. that will do it.
LOL. I think I've counted 5 so far. :D

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2007, 09:12 PM
oh good - another ND thread.

Soonerus
9/21/2007, 09:15 PM
oh good - another ND thread.

Not as many thread as there are stories about the losers (ND) on the broadcast unbelievable....

reevie
9/21/2007, 09:15 PM
Go to the bottom of the page at espn.com, click on contact us. Choose ESPN TV/ABC and you file your complaint.

Maybe these guys will realize there is a game going on in front of them by the time the fourth quarter begins.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2007, 09:17 PM
Not as many thread as there are stories about the losers (ND) on the broadcast unbelievable....

ok.

Crimson Blonde
Well, what can we expect from a no shoulder nobody in a burnt orange shirt, and a tie that's messing up the resolution on my tv, and a guy that looks like the result of botched work in a science lab?:eek:

LSUdeek
They both sound like they are slurring. Jack and Coke at halftime.... :confused:

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/21/2007, 09:18 PM
I have to agree with Russ on this. WTF? This whole coverage has been three doosh bags talking about various other teams, particularly the GIANT LOSERS Notre Dame, and OH, wait, there's this other football game on that we're supposed to be covering. Oops, oh there went a penalty, what was it? I don't know, and oh well, back to Notre Dame and Louisville analysis.

:rolleyes:

SCOUT
9/21/2007, 09:20 PM
Is it just me or do these guys seem to talk about Notre Dame a lot. I was just wondering if anyone else noticed that.

Newbomb Turk
9/21/2007, 09:23 PM
there's really nothing to disagree about. There are 4 other threads about Notre Dame - why start another?

Crimson Blonde
9/21/2007, 09:26 PM
you mean you don't care for the special sports center broadcast? :D

sooner rick
9/21/2007, 09:29 PM
I sent my complaint in.

Crimson Blonde
9/21/2007, 09:51 PM
Thought you guys might be interested in reading this....... We're not the only ones to complain about these idiots!

http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2007/09/pam-ward-chronicle-week-three.html

the_OU_word
9/21/2007, 10:05 PM
They are really ****ing me off!

Word!

King Crimson
9/21/2007, 10:09 PM
hey! let's talk about Notre Dame some more! yo Yo YO!

SoonerMom2
9/21/2007, 10:18 PM
They are horrible announcers and why do they keep showing pictures of them instead of the field? Wrote and complained for what it is worth. Pretty bad when Bob Barry Sr is better then the TV announcers.

janderson255
9/21/2007, 10:21 PM
I don't know where to begin. I can picture them hugging each other and wiping each others tears over the ND team. I should be happy, but no... I'm friggin' depressed. The only thing they know how to do is read the score. I just want to cry........:(

fadada1
9/21/2007, 10:52 PM
without reading most of the thread....

SHUT THE **** UP ABOUT NOTRE ****ING DAME!!!!!!! THIS **** IS WORSE THAN WATCHING A PGA TOUR EVENT WITH TIGGER ****ING WOODS. I'VE NEVER HEARD MORE **** TALKED ABOUT A TEAM THAT HASN'T SCORED A ****ING OFFENSIVE TOUCHDOWN AND THAT SUCKS BEYOND RECOGNITION!!! AND LOU HOLTZ, YOU CAN SHUT THE **** UP TOO!!! PIECE OF ****!!!!

jccouger
9/21/2007, 10:57 PM
I like hearing about how much Notre Dame sucks...

I'd rather hear that then have them be good and hear them talk about how good the are.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/21/2007, 11:00 PM

I'd rather hear that then have them be good and hear them talk about how good the are.

Agreed...BUT NOT FOR HALF AN HOUR DURING OUR GAME.

Sorry to yell.

aurorasooner
9/21/2007, 11:06 PM
Switched it over to ESPN and they only highlight they showed was Paul Smith's 1st TD. Then they replayed his fake on the same play (and it was a quality fake), Then they said, Oh" it wasn't enough. OU...Tulsa..... whatever. I thought the Fox bullpen announcing crews were bad until tonight.

RedRum
9/21/2007, 11:07 PM
Already posted mine.

ND and the announcing team suck.

Diddo

southern sooner
9/21/2007, 11:28 PM
they sucked and tired of hearing about ND during our games....

jwlynn64
9/21/2007, 11:41 PM
Word!

:pop:

Suerreal
9/21/2007, 11:45 PM
My 500 characters worth:

I should have known it was going to be bad when OU's first drive was derailed by a 15 yard personal foul penalty. Did we ever get to see what the penalty was? Who it was on? Anything? No!

Several times the cameras were on the announcers instead of the play. The replay of Malcom Kelly's out-of-bounds TD reception didn't show his feet! All we got to see was from the hips up.

If play-by-play is beyond your guys abilities, silence is preferable to 15' talk about Notre Dame. Really. Try it.

What an insult to two very good teams playing their hearts out to ignore them and blab about other teams ad nauseum.

Self-important jerks.

Flagstaffsooner
9/21/2007, 11:47 PM
The priests are even complaining that they cant concentrate on giving altar boys bj's in the confession booth with all this ND talk.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
9/21/2007, 11:48 PM
My 500 characters worth:

What an insult to two very good teams playing their hearts out to ignore them and blab about a chronically losing team ad nauseum.

Fixed. ;)

BoomerGirl34
9/21/2007, 11:48 PM
Please send this to Lou Holtz ASAP.

http://www.harvardpilgrim.mimrx.com/harvard/SiteImages/PrdImages/200x200/0011509001634.JPG

olevetonahill
9/21/2007, 11:49 PM
The priests are even complaining that they cant concentrate on giving altar boys bj's in the confession booth with all this ND talk.
Dayum the priestes GAVE em ?:mad:
Boy was I on the wrong end of the thing !:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

aurorasooner
9/21/2007, 11:53 PM
should have known it was going to be bad when OU's first drive was derailed by a 15 yard personal foul penalty. Did we ever get to see what the penalty was? Who it was on? Anything? No! What was the story on this. I went to take a quick leak and mix another drink figuring we would punch it in, come back and we're on the 20. I still don't know wth happened. I just thought I missed a sack or bad snap. Worst game coverage in history.

Mile High Sooner
9/21/2007, 11:53 PM
What fadada1 said.

Boffingham
9/22/2007, 01:55 AM
I was always Chris Spielman for the Lions on Super Techmo Bowl

goingoneight
9/22/2007, 02:02 AM

x2... get the **** over Notre Dame already. Nobody cares! Tulsa rarely ever gets any kind of exposure like a National TV game and I was sickened to hear them talk about Notre ****ing Dame for all of the first half. Lou Holtz was spitting and sputtering about Charlie Weiss's contract and locker room nonsense for a team that is 0-3 in embarassing fashion. There were penalties and big plays being made and what do we see? We see Lou Holtz slobbering and spitting about Notre ****ing Dame. :mad:

goingoneight
9/22/2007, 02:12 AM
At halftime, meeting with the coaches on their way to the locker room:

Joe Schad: "Coach Brown, that was a great touchdown before the half to pull you team within 42 points... reminds us of Notre Dame's touchdown earlier today in that forgettable matchup. What do you think is wrong with Notre Dame?"

Spielman: "Coach Stoops, I have to ask you... you're up by 42, your team's playing great... what do YOU think Notre Dame should do?"

soonergirlNeugene
9/22/2007, 02:36 AM
A Notre Dame touchdown? :eek:

goingoneight
9/22/2007, 02:46 AM
*first touchdown... in week 6!!! :D

aurorasooner
9/22/2007, 02:52 AM
I need some screen shots of those 2 ESPN-2 clowns during their 2nd quarter circle jerk. I didn't record this game on my Video computer and I don't want to pull the DVR out and move it in to my office. thx.

OU-HSV
9/22/2007, 03:00 AM
I haven't read this whole thread. Just thought I'd stop in and say the commentators sucked.

LoyalFan
9/22/2007, 05:20 AM
Notre Dame is a national story.

Not to me.

Martin Luther (Der Cherman vun!)

stoopified
9/22/2007, 06:04 AM
was anyone else annoyed by the last 15minutes of air time being devoted to notre dame?? especially since thats probably what half the halftime break will be about?Sing it brother.To make matters worse.I went to ESPN to see gamehighlights only to be TREATED to a ND pep rally hosted by Regis Philbin.

Flagstaffsooner
9/22/2007, 06:46 AM
It even irked the whorns (http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=football&Number=5212575&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=)

Dio
9/22/2007, 07:45 AM
I had to mute the sound most of the first quarter. Tulsa scores first, and all of a sudden they invented the forward pass, the wheel, fire, a cure for polio, and the DVR.

So, does anyone have a link where I can complain directly to ESPN? TIA

OklaPony
9/22/2007, 08:24 AM
It was truly awful. I swear there was more info given about freaking Notre Dame than there was about either of the teams on the field. Two former ND coaches adn every other sentence referenced them one way or another.

I was immediately put off by Spielman (sp?) and his choice of attire. I mean really... how blatant can you possibly be? He was wearing Boise State colors! Nobody, and I do mean nobody, wears that color combination for any reason, ever!

And McDonough (sp?)... while his voice is a true sleep-inducer I have to give him props for actually calling the media treatment of Fiesta Bowl thing for what it was. He was the first I've ever heard really get it right.

The Maestro
9/22/2007, 08:28 AM
Well, when Spielman was talking about the game I thought he did a great job. His analysis was dead on early about bad tackling. And then he had a classic line when he drew a mark over Loadholt and said, "350" and then a mark over the Tulsa defensive end and said, "220". The ball snapped and Loadholt smashed the guy as AP ran for 12 and Spielman just said, "350 wins". I thought that was good stuff.

For starters, they cannot help what the producer says to talk about. And if you think all people around the globe think about the color of shirt they wear and how it relates to OU...well, I don't want to offend anyone so I will just leave it at that question.

And that salmon color is really stylish these days! :D

TexasEx4OU
9/22/2007, 09:12 AM
I couldn't figure out if those guys were calling a game or hosting a talk show. And seriously, enough with the pathetic Domers. They suck. You know it, I know it, ESPN knows it. Get over it. There is no amount of Lou Holtz giving Touchdown Jesus back-to-back-to-back broadcast hummers that is going to make Notre Dame any better, or any more relevant.

r5TPsooner
9/22/2007, 09:32 AM
Th announcers didn't bother me that much. But the 30 minute Notre Dame conversation was disrespectful to both OU and Tulsa IMHO.

OklaPony
9/22/2007, 10:38 AM
Well, when Spielman was talking about the game I thought he did a great job. His analysis was dead on early about bad tackling. And then he had a classic line when he drew a mark over Loadholt and said, "350" and then a mark over the Tulsa defensive end and said, "220". The ball snapped and Loadholt smashed the guy as AP ran for 12 and Spielman just said, "350 wins". I thought that was good stuff.
Agreed, that was very timely. I liked most of the football-related commentary when it applied to the game at hand except for the comment about us being "embarrassed" in the Fiesta Bowl.

For starters, they cannot help what the producer says to talk about. And if you think all people around the globe think about the color of shirt they wear and how it relates to OU...well, I don't want to offend anyone so I will just leave it at that question.
We're not talking about "people around the globe", we're talking about a college football TV broadcast commentator for an OU football game. I mean, c'mon... how many people (besides this last Fiesta Bowl and any Denver Broncos game) have you EVER seen wear and orange shirt with a blue and orange striped tie?

thatmediadude
9/22/2007, 10:55 AM

SERIOUSLY!!!! It was a 20 minute special on how Notre Dame sucks and how they are the mighty power and all this crap.....THEY HAVEN"T WON A BOWL GAME SINCE I WAS BORN!!!!! Well, maybe...but you guys know what I'm talkin about...I am so tired of hearing about Notre.

Salt City Sooner
9/22/2007, 11:16 AM
Notre Dame has usually been pretty irrelevant in my world for the most part, but after last night, seeing a BIG FAT 0-8 after their name (or 1-7 at best should they do the totally un-thinkable today) on the evening of October 20th is going to be BEYOND sweet.

Ash
9/22/2007, 11:19 AM
Apparently, it made Billy Tubbs fightin' mad. Has anyone posted his quote from the paper today? It was classic.

stoopified
9/22/2007, 11:22 AM

I'd rather hear that then have them be good and hear them talk about how good the are.I AGREE ,EXCEPT during an OU game.During an OU game I want them to focus on OU and NOT the Crying Irish.

stoopified
9/22/2007, 11:43 AM
I just sent my note of OUtrage to ESPN.I called the conduct of the annoncers a crime and that it was completely unprofessional to talk about ND while OU-TU were playing.I told them that I felt OU and TU were owed a public apology.

Proably won't do any good but I feel a little better.

fadada1
9/22/2007, 12:06 PM
sent my statement to espn - basically said what everyone else has, and that even texas fans couldn't watch an OU game in peace.

fadada1
9/22/2007, 12:08 PM
Apparently, it made Billy Tubbs fightin' mad. Has anyone posted his quote from the paper today? It was classic.
which paper?

the thought of any comment made by tubbs makes me giggle a little bit. guy is better than mike leach at backhanded comments.

Ash
9/22/2007, 12:16 PM
which paper?

the thought of any comment made by tubbs makes me giggle a little bit. guy is better than mike leach at backhanded comments.

The Oklahoman Postgame section

"Are you in the pressbox?" Tubbs asked. "Go up there and kick Bob Davie's (butt) at halftime. And if you don't have time, then I'll go up there and do it myself."

:D

Flagstaffsooner
9/22/2007, 12:29 PM
Dear Flagstaff,

We've received your e-mail and will review it shortly.

Due to the amount of correspondence we receive, we're not able to answer every e-mail, so don't forget to check out our FAQ page (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?page=help/espn-faq).

Sincerely,
ESPN Viewer Response Team - Fans serving Fans

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~

P.S. Would you like to continue to express your opinions about ESPN, play a part in the decisions that get made and talk with other sports fans like yourself?
Come join the ESPN Fan Zone where you can take surveys, earn prizes and have your voice heard!

Please go to www.espnfanzone.com (http://www.espnfanzone.com/) to sign up . You must complete the registration to qualify.

Your opinion counts. Come join the exclusive ESPN Fan Zone today.
http://na1.salesforce.com/servlet/servlet.ImageServer

http://www.tfehman.com/images/Horse%20Poop%20sm.jpg

mhackl
9/22/2007, 12:30 PM
Originally Posted by John Rohde
"Are you in the pressbox?" Tubbs asked. "Go up there and kick Bob Davie's (butt) at halftime. And if you don't have time, then I'll go up there and do it myself."

That's good stuff! Who was he talking to?

Ash
9/22/2007, 12:51 PM
That's good stuff! Who was he talking to?

J Rohde, who wrote the column with that quote, made it sound like Tubbs had called him during the game.

GrapevineSooner
9/22/2007, 01:01 PM
More greatness (http://newsok.com/article/3129183/1190173916) from the inventor of Billy Ball.

•The hat dance: Hightower also worked a 1994 game at Gallagher-Iba Arena (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Gallagher-Iba+Arena&CATEGORY=ATTRACTION) when Tubbs (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Billy+Tubbs&CATEGORY=PERSON) was ejected with :02 left in the game. While escorting Tubbs (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Billy+Tubbs&CATEGORY=PERSON) off the floor, an OSU (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Oklahoma+State+Cowboys&CATEGORY=ORGANIZATION) campus police officer took off his hat to shield Tubbs (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Billy+Tubbs&CATEGORY=PERSON)' head from flying debris.
OSU (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Oklahoma+State+Cowboys&CATEGORY=ORGANIZATION) fans in the area claim Tubbs (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Billy+Tubbs&CATEGORY=PERSON) swatted the hat out of the policeman's hand and kicked the hat into the stands.

"I admit everything I have been accused of that I really did,” Tubbs (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Billy+Tubbs&CATEGORY=PERSON) said, denying the hat-kicking incident ever happened. "Oklahoma State (http://newsok.com/keysearch/?er=1&CANONICAL=Oklahoma+State+University&CATEGORY=ORGANIZATION) fans can make up a lot of stuff.”

BornandBred
9/23/2007, 10:53 PM
Lou Holthz about the aTm vs. MU game: "Texaths A&M, big. I mean BIG." Nice work Lou. Quite the brainiac. Anyone else want to strangle him by his tie??

Animal Mother
9/24/2007, 12:20 PM
I gave up after tater head Speilman yelled"wake up OU" as we held up their receiver and tried to strip the ball. I started listening to Zeppelin's "Houses of the Holy" and we scored three touchdowns in six minutes.I left the stereo rockin' the rest of the game. I played it back later and listened to the commen"taters". Total knobs!

Pigface1
9/24/2007, 02:08 PM
Got to the ESPN website, go to the bottom of the page, click on Contact Us and make your complaint via email.
These guys are ridiculous.

Every Friday night game this crew has done has made the games almost unbearable to watch. They're terrible.

Landthief 1972
9/24/2007, 02:16 PM
Show of hands: anybody here get an e-mail back from a live person after the canned auto-response? I'm sure they just shook their heads in disbelief that anyone would think that Notre Dame is NOT the biggest story to ever come across college football.

kevpks
9/24/2007, 02:17 PM
Every Friday night game this crew has done has made the games almost unbearable to watch. They're terrible.

I agree, ESPN should just borrow a local high school crew for their game. It would be much better. We definitely get the B team on Fridays.

stoopified
9/24/2007, 03:21 PM
Show of hands: anybody here get an e-mail back from a live person after the canned auto-response? I'm sure they just shook their heads in disbelief that anyone would think that Notre Dame is NOT the biggest story to ever come across college football.
Not me,I got the FAQ response as well.

Crimson Blonde
9/24/2007, 03:28 PM

No response here! I keep waiting for a story about the "CRAZED" OU fans sending in emails during the game making death threats towards those two idiots, and how bad all OU fans are!

"During the second quarter of Friday nights wonderfully announced OU/TU game, thousands of blood thirsty OU fans began emailing us here at ESPN making death threats and calling for a public apology by our fantastic announcers. We have no idea what set these fans off, but as we saw with the Oregon game last year, it doesn't take much.........." Bla bla bla Notre Dame.... bla bla Notre Dame... Notre Dame bla bla bla... :rolleyes: