PDA

View Full Version : Humility is a Game Away-Not in Miami Tho

soonersn2007
9/21/2007, 01:28 PM
I first remember hearing these words from Barry Switzer during a '85 recap show. How true those words are, but I suppose it works in reverse as well.

To hear all the Miami fans brag and bloviate about their win over the aggies is laughable. Their boards are lit up with fans saying if KW had started, if we hadn't had all those penalties, if they hadn't fumbled, if pigs could fly, blah blah blah............they might have gave Oklahoma a game or even won.:hot:

Makes me wish Stoops had left the starters in the last half of the 4th quarter to drive the point home.

The Maestro
9/21/2007, 01:38 PM
Like I said in another thread. Miami had ONE drive over 20 yards in that game.

ONE.

Nice try, 'Canes. Enjoy the ACC.

badger
9/21/2007, 02:00 PM
to give them the benefit of the doubt, how many ou fans were saying the same thing after a few of our games in the past few years?

if AD hadn't fumbled the lateral pass... if we changed our cleats in florida... if DJ Wolfe had shoved the ball in the ref's face more... if only Kejuan hadn't dropped in the endzone... if we held them back more on 4th down or at the goal line...

or the things we couldn't control, but wish we could have...

if only they didn't use Pac 10 refs... if only they alloted us more Superdome tickets... why was the Orange Bowl turf so slippery?!

In short, shizzle happens and fans will talk smack, win or lose. It's part of being fans--- we are the best, regardless of what the scoreboard says, GO US!

So don't bash the Miami fans, they're just being fans. Just snicker at the fact that we know they're wrong and should we meet them again, we'll prove it again! :D

SoonerStormchaser
9/21/2007, 02:51 PM
Badger, how DARE you talk sense on this thread! Don't you know that's not allowed here?

SoonerBOI
9/21/2007, 02:54 PM
They are good at the art of thugery, that is their ASSest.

soonersn2007
9/21/2007, 03:14 PM
yes Badger, how dare you talk sense on this thread..........i wanna bash. http://forums.mystery-axiom.com/images/smilies/dri0047.gif

badger
9/21/2007, 03:46 PM
Ok, ok, as long as I get to partake.

Brain left at the door... check!
Caps lock key pressed to on position... CHECK!

MIAMI YOU ARE A BUNCH OF THUGS AND POOR LOSERS, YOU STUPID MORONS, GET A BRAIN ALONG WITH A BETTER OFFENSE... AND A BETTER A DEFENSE WHILE YOU'RE AT IT! YOU BRAG THAT YOU BEAT TEXAS A&M?! HELL, EVERYONE CAN BEAT TEXAS A&M, WE BEAT THEM EVERY YEAR, AND USUALLY BY A HELL OF A LOT OF POINTS! EVEN BAYLOR CAN BEAT TEXAS A&M! WHY DON'T YOU FORGET ABOUT OU AND THINK ABOUT HOW YOU'RE GOING TO CONVINCE YOUR PLAYERS TO STOP THUGGING AND YOUR FANS TO STOP HUMILIATING THEMSELVES ON NATIONAL TELEVISION... OH, REALLY CLEVER, HAVING AN "OPPOSING FAN" RUN THROUGH THE STUDENT SECTION. ALMOST AS CLEVER AS A DUCKY IBIS! YOUR MASCOT SUCKS AND SO DOES YOUR STADIUM... YOUR HALF FULL STADIUM. YOUR ABOUT-TO-EVACUATED STADIUM! YOUR TEAM SUCKS, YOUR FAN SUPPORT SUCKS AND IF YOU THINK YOU CAN BEAT OKLAHOMA, NAME THE TIME AND THE PLACE AND WE'LL BE THERE LIKE SHAREWARE! YOU DARE? DIDN'T LOSE FAIR? I DON'T CARE! TEDDY BEAR. YOU'VE GOT DIRTY UNDERWEAR! AND GREASY HAIR! AND SCUMMY AIR! NO FLAIR.

BoonesFarmSooner
9/21/2007, 03:50 PM
if DJ Wolfe had shoved the ball in the ref's face more...

And by DJ Wolfe, you mean Alan Patrick

GottaHavePride
9/21/2007, 03:58 PM
YEAH! WHUT BADGER SAID! GET A BRIAN, MORANS!

rondog79
9/21/2007, 04:18 PM
miami did us a favor cause if florida jumped us in the polls because they beat a ranked team(#22 tenn lol) and miami beat the #20 team in the nation, remember we DESTROYED the miami rain storm. should we be #1-2-3 to answer the question YES BOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRR